The Official NBA Thread: PLAYOFFS

wait what lol. this isnt even comparable

1713286206372.png

1713286263237.png

This is mad disingenuous.

The Lakers have the same record as the 5 seed in the East.
Which makes them the 12th best team in the league. In that range, Orlando gets nobody, Philly will be lucky to get 1. Indy gets one. Lakers get 2?

Porzingis missed 25 games. Either Tatum is the MVP or Jaylen is all-NBA.

Yeah don't agree

Owners get to keep more money just because they don't want to pay lower level vets more

Owner already got stuff to deny star players supermax contracts. They could always trade their stars for picks if they are allergic to spending.

For me, the CBA is always about a battle among four big groups. Star players, mid and lower level players, small market/cheaper owners, big market owners willing to spend.

Usually the winners are the stars and the cheaper owners.

I would like a CBA that prioritizes mid and lower level players over stars. I cool with the supermax going away if that meant players get better players option conditions, and the mid level exception is beefed up.

But this time, seems like the players Union got nothing of substance. Even for their stars.

And stars of today have a tougher road to getting an important accolade when it comes to HOF voting.

Just the first highlighted point, the way I see it, when a player becomes eligible for the supermax, he gets to keep a bigger piece of the pie so owners still pay the same.
BUT if the CBA can somehow negotiate that a pie gets slightly bigger if there's a supermax player, then everybody wins as teams can still remain competitive by not having one player take up too much cap space.

Example:
- A Team's cap space is $100 mil
- Their star player earns 25% of that cap space making $25 mil
- This same star player gets first team all NBA
- Now he can make 35% of that cap which should be $35 mil
- dream scenario is that that extra 10% does not eat into the $100 mil cap space
- That can be a different category like a bonus or something
- That way the All NBA player still eats up 25% of the cap space while getting a yearly $15 mil bonus
- Team remains competitive, non-star players still get paid the same, and owners avoid additional luxury taxes

Unless I am missing something big, I do not see the downside to this.

Which makes them the 12th best team in the league. In that range, Orlando gets nobody, Philly will be lucky to get 1. Indy gets one. Lakers get 2?

Porzingis missed 25 games. Either Tatum is the MVP or Jaylen is all-NBA.

Find me players on those teams with comparable individual stats to Bron and AD? Individual performance is the biggest factor.

Tatum should be 2nd team and I wouldn't be mad at JB getting 3rd team

Thought he was gonna wait and see the if the Suns flame out and fire Vogel. :lol:
Job security in pro sports is already an oxymoron but for that particular gig the seat will always be SCALDING :lol: I get it’s only 30 of those jobs in existence but I’d still be reluctant

Find me players on those teams with comparable individual stats to Bron and AD? Individual performance is the biggest factor.

Tatum should be 2nd team and I wouldn't be mad at JB getting 3rd team
Individual performance isn’t the biggest factor because we’ve seen dudes near 30ppg get left off recently.

We ultimately agree tho.

But if JB doesn’t make it, we know who took his spot.

Just the first highlighted point, the way I see it, when a player becomes eligible for the supermax, he gets to keep a bigger piece of the pie so owners still pay the same.
BUT if the CBA can somehow negotiate that a pie gets slightly bigger if there's a supermax player, then everybody wins as teams can still remain competitive by not having one player take up too much cap space.

Example:
- A Team's cap space is $100 mil
- Their star player earns 25% of that cap space making $25 mil
- This same star player gets first team all NBA
- Now he can make 35% of that cap which should be $35 mil
- dream scenario is that that extra 10% does not eat into the $100 mil cap space
- That can be a different category like a bonus or something
- That way the All NBA player still eats up 25% of the cap space while getting a yearly $15 mil bonus
- Team remains competitive, non-star players still get paid the same, and owners avoid additional luxury taxes

Unless I am missing something big, I do not see the downside to this.
holy Christ

Bobby moheezy marks

Cooper Flagg could push a Hellcat to games but got a garage full of Fords at home.

Kid still the truth.

Is former correctional officer William Roberts II really questioning Drake's "street cred"? :lol:

If you come for the Toronto Raptors Global Ambassador, you come for us all, buddy.

Back
Top Bottom