Anyone have a 4k Ultra HD television? Help

As of today, I have officially joined the 4K club.

Before, a 40" TCL that I had owned since 2012. It was good to me, but it was showing its age.

PXL_20240125_182224777.jpg

After, a 65" Sony X90L.

It took me almost two hours to install the mounts on because I had no experience with mounting a TV.

PXL_20240126_175851138.jpg

Now I just need a UHD Blu-ray player.

Before, a 40" TCL that I had owned since 2012. It was good to me, but it was showing its age.

After, a 65" Sony X90L.

It took me almost two hours to install the mounts on because I had no experience with mounting a TV.

Enjoy the thin bezels

After, a 65" Sony X90L.

I just bought the SONY UBP-X700M UHD Blu-ray player. Got one on ebay for 155 plus tax (hate ebay charges tax now).

I'm not a gamer so dropping 400 to 500 on a game system just for the Blu ray player doesn't make sense to me.

I have that same tv in my living room. I hope it doesn’t go out any time soon. I’m not in the market for spending a grand on a new tv.

I have that same tv in my living room. I hope it doesn’t go out any time soon. I’m not in the market for spending a grand on a new tv.
Same on the budget. I'll keep it around to see if I can get it fixed (might be the backlight is fried) and move it to another room if it does

Currently looking at Hisense U7 or U8 since it's under 1k and has similar Rtings scores to the x900

Ended up with a 75"

Would have went OLED if I stayed in the 55" range
what did you get? my primary choice was OLED but the specific tv I was looking for way twice the price I was willing to pay for. no regrets, the U8K brought new life to the movies I watched previously. just beautiful picture quality. not sure but rewatching Tobey's Spiderman 2 last night, I noticed a sort of film editing error on one particular scene. I thought the tv was having a judder issue since it is the weakest area of the tv's capabilities. just confirmed it was only in that scene.

what did you get? my primary choice was OLED but the specific tv I was looking for way twice the price I was willing to pay for. no regrets, the U8K brought new life to the movies I watched previously. just beautiful picture quality. not sure but rewatching Tobey's Spiderman 2 last night, I noticed a sort of film editing error on one particular scene. I thought the tv was having a judder issue since it is the weakest area of the tv's capabilities. just confirmed it was only in that scene.
Stuck with the U7K after looking at some comps with the U8K. I know the latter is a better tv but just stuck with something a little cheaper and comparable to my x900. Man I loved that TV 🥲

Stuck with the U7K after looking at some comps with the U8K. I know the latter is a better tv but just stuck with something a little cheaper and comparable to my x900. Man I loved that TV 🥲
great choice. actually I was debating between the U7K and U8K. since I got a lil bit of credit to burn, I went for the U8K improvement over size. from what I researched, the U7K is better than the previous U8H flagship model. I believe the only advantage of the U8K over the U7K is the brightness, better color accuracy if that was a concern and panel. other than that. both tvs are pretty close and could never go wrong with either. do you have the U7K now? I'm curious as to what your verdict is in comparison to your previous tv.

great choice. actually I was debating between the U7K and U8K. since I got a lil bit of credit to burn, I went for the U8K improvement over size. from what I researched, the U7K is better than the previous U8H flagship model. I believe the only advantage of the U8K over the U7K is the brightness, better color accuracy if that was a concern and panel. other than that. both tvs are pretty close and could never go wrong with either. do you have the U7K now? I'm curious as to what your verdict is in comparison to your previous tv.
Just landed back home a few minutes ago. Will report back

sneeker sneeker satisfied with the picture and quality of the U7K. Haven't really watched alot of 4K of gamed on it yet but I'm satisfied so far without messing around with the settings

Did not really think through realizing our entertaining/TV stand was better with a smaller TV . Should look better once I get this thing mounted though

sneeker sneeker satisfied with the picture and quality of the U7K. Haven't really watched alot of 4K of gamed on it yet but I'm satisfied so far without messing around with the settings

Did not really think through realizing our entertaining/TV stand was better with a smaller TV . Should look better once I get this thing mounted though
I'm enjoying mine as well. Watching on it makes me ignore that it's not oled. Other than that, miniled tech is really impressive. I can only imagine what microled can offer. But so far, miniled tech is not even in its maturity, so we'll see more in a few years.

I'm enjoying mine as well. Watching on it makes me ignore that it's not oled. Other than that, miniled tech is really impressive. I can only imagine what microled can offer. But so far, miniled tech is not even in its maturity, so we'll see more in a few years.
Right, one of my friends has the TCL Q7 and it’s bright as hell. Probably better for her place than an OLED since she has bigger windows since MiniLEDs tend to be brighter. The colors are impressive too compared to older models. The only thing my OLED has over her TV is the black level and slightly wider color gamut, but her TV is great for the price. I think it’s actually the direct competitor with the U7, but a lot of reviewers has the U7 as the superior TV.

Back
Top Bottom