[Discussion] Downsizing/Minimizing Sneaker Collection or Quitting Collecting - WITH TIPS/RESOURCES

UnDS a pair of dunk SB this week hat have been sitting for 12 ish years. smh.

My goal is to wear some of my DS shoes. Weather doesn't help in Canada when most of the year is snow/wet.

I'm wearing everything immediately. Rotating the entire collection. I'll probably try to the All-Star XIs in December. After that the only sneakers I'll ever buy again are Heineken SBs, Nike Air Ups and Playoff VIIs. Heineys and Air Ups may never release again.

I've been collecting since early 2000s then sold everything around 2011 (some new, a lot used). Then after a few years hiatus I slowly started to buy back stuff when the Black Cement IIIs came back in 2018. Now I feel like I've got too much and I need to wear everything until they are unwearable. Most of what I buy isn't what are considered the "hottest" sneakers by the general population. For example I'm buying Vans X Simpsons collabs and lots of early-mid 90s stuff that are sitting or deeply discounted. Still I feel like I have too much.

The goal is to wear everything before they dry rot. I'm at around 40 pairs.

It only takes 5 minutes but I absolutely hate taking the pictures and listing on eBay. Love dropping them off at FedEx tho. I’d pop out at the next community yardsale but I don’t wanna spread this poison to these kids.

Back
Top Bottom