**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

WCF last year.
Playoffs this year.
"BURN IT DOWN TO THE GROUND!"
🤣🤣😂
There's that absolute thinking we all come to expect.
You'd reset every year we don't win a championship... and probably a few years we have won a championship.
"Our Finals MVP is in his late 30s! And it took us 7 games in every single series! And we were down 7 with 3 minutes left in game 7 of the Finals! BURN IT DOWN!"
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

From 1980 to 2010 (31 years) the Lakers went to 16 Finals. (Winning 10 Titles)

They won the Western Conference 16 times.
Entire rest of conference won 15 times.

2011 to 2024 (14 years) the Lakers went to 1 Finals.

The Chicago Cubs have as many titles as the Lakers since 2011. The Chicago. Cubs. :stoneface:

If I want to watch a team let me down every year I can watch my Dolphins in the Fall.

The Lakers are supposed to be about premium excellence. The crown jewel of the league. The last 14 years we aren't even the crown jewel of our own division.

I expect more.

I demand more.

Middling in mediocrity is not what this franchise is supposed to be about. There's another team in LA that can carry that.

Change, Top to Bottom. Not this shuffling deck chairs bull**** they sell homer *** fans every year knowing they'll still draw eyeballs every year like Notre Dame, or the Cowboys etc. :smh:

The Chicago Cubs have as many titles as the Lakers since 2011. The Chicago. Cubs. :stoneface:

If I want to watch a team let me down every year I can watch my Dolphins in the Fall.

The Lakers are supposed to be about premium excellence. The crown jewel of the league. The last 14 years we aren't even the crown jewel of our own division.

I expect more.

I demand more.

Middling in mediocrity is not what this franchise is supposed to be about. There's another team in LA that can carry that.

Change, Top to Bottom. Not this shuffling deck chairs bull**** they sell homer *** fans every year knowing they'll still draw eyeballs every year like Notre Dame, or the Cowboys etc. :smh:
That didn't address what I said.
At all.
Lotsa words, though. 😂
(Now you'll tell me what I said, and explain how you did address what you say I said.)
Maybe you'll surprise me and... actually... ask, genuinely seeking more info. 😂😳

That didn't address what I said.
At all.
Lotsa words, though. 😂
(Now you'll tell me what I said, and explain how you did address what you say I said.)
Maybe you'll surprise me and... actually... ask, genuinely seeking more info. 😂😳

K, I'm asking. What did I miss?

IMG_8684.gif

I expect more.

I demand more.

The Celtics have 17 championships but only one title since 1986. Times change. A lot of the era of extended domination occurred before free agency or salary cap restrictions. We are now in an era where we have had five different champions in five years.

Even if you do when a title, salary cap restrictions are making it increase in the difficult to keep that core together. I agree that the Lakers to make wholesale changes but expecting things to go back to '80s or 2000s is just unrealistic. Makes us sound like cowboys stands.

The Celtics have 17 championships but only one title since 1986. Times change. A lot of the era of extended domination occurred before free agency or salary cap restrictions. We are now in an era where we have had five different champions in five years.

Even if you do when a title, salary cap restrictions are making it increase in the difficult to keep that core together. I agree that the Lakers to make wholesale changes but expecting things to go back to '80s or 2000s is just unrealistic. Makes us sound like cowboys stands.

I didn't say I expect to go 16 of every 31.

I expect us to TRULY be the preeminent franchise in the sport. Not a clown show franchise being run by agents. :frown:

Again, we haven't been the preeminent franchise in our division the last decade. And who helped GS get going? Jerry West. Like...... :smh:

(Note, West then leaves GS and joins the Clippers for God sakes (only as an advisor) but he helped sway Kawhi)

You know how frustrating it was to see Pat Riley come down with the quickness on Jimmy (his best player) like dude, you didn't play, shut your trap. That's a GM/President that isn't being ran by Klutch, or DWade's agent or whatever. And for all our damn #Family BS, why the hell do we have true Lakers out there helping other franchises over the ****show we've been trotting out the last few years? Where Jeanie at there? Of all the Lakers to keep bringing back, why on earth wouldn't they be priorities?

Thank God Phil failed in New York or Id really be heated. :lol:

The more difficult exercise is trying to find someone to spend the MLE on. Either the $5M or $12M option.
12m MLE on Claxton, Miles Bridges, Monk, Bruce Brown, Hartenstein? Not sure if it's enough to get one of them but, Need a legit rotation player

Nah there's a hire or hire(s) that would make sense, JJ is not one of them and just is tripling down in the Bron hold on the franchise.
Check the last few pages, or do a quick search of the potential candidates... mostly just complaints.

Who makes sense? A veteran retread...well received assistant....someone with no experience but a solid relationship w/ one of the Laker stars

"Expect this to be wide ranging and lengthy search"

Ya they're waiting for Ty Lue to be resolved before they make a decision. And if I wanted to be a conspiracy theorist, maybe Monty Williams.

Check the last few pages, or do a quick search of the potential candidates... mostly just complaints.

Who makes sense? A veteran retread...well received assistant....someone with no experience but a solid relationship w/ one of the Laker stars

How bout Bron's podcast partner? 👍

Back
Top Bottom