Nike Air 180 OG

Video will be up on the YouTube channel. I think these are good, and I will explain in th video.

IMG_6254.jpeg
IMG_6255.jpeg
IMG_6249.jpeg
IMG_6251.jpeg
Can't wait for your thoughts on these man! Again, they look absolutely smashing.

Remind me how they can say this is a 1:1 when the overlays aren't even the right color (white). Forget about air bag engineering, swoosh shape, etc., how can they not even match the overlay color.....So pathetic.
Can you post proof or evidence that they didn’t get the upper overlays color right compared to the OGs? I don’t recall the upper ever being a pure white. I’ve seen many OG photos and it’s always been an off white/cream color from what I can tell. Please show me what you’re referring to.

Can you post proof or evidence that they didn’t get the upper overlays color right compared to the OGs? I don’t recall the upper ever being a pure white. I’ve seen many OG photos and it’s always been an off white/cream color from what I can tell. Please show me what you’re referring to.

Just looking at sneaker freaker blog and other pics. Maybe I'm wrong.

Video will be up on the YouTube channel. I think these are good, and I will explain in th video.

IMG_6254.jpeg
IMG_6255.jpeg
IMG_6249.jpeg
IMG_6251.jpeg
0c8f24871d36a931e6d7b9484f33948ba8fe3ea7-1500x1000.jpg

Screen Shot 2024-05-15 at 10.12.51 AM.png

I'm with a few of you on this, the bubble just looks a bit exaggerated compared to the original. OG's didn't look like this. Toe box is also funky on the re issue as is the height of the tongue and, -maybe its just the lighting- but the colors look more muted than the OG and the previous retro-. All this in combination make the shoe look off. To be fair to Nike was probably able to get it to a 1 of 1 with 3d printing but that's negligible because once its in the hands of the factory they are at their mercy -unless of course there is someone on site there watching over then that's a different story.- If the factory can't get it right or there's a communication breakdown they ultimately have to deal with it. I would personally love to know if they used the same factory as the Air Max III retro's - I doubt it- because to date that seems to be one if not the most accurate re issued air max retro's of all time.

All this pontificating and the geniuses in this thread still can’t grasp that there was a legal dispute over the design of the bubble and it went out of production. So is it POSSIBLE that when some design schlub said they tried to get this as close as possible to the OG that there was a constraint that the company in no way was going to recognize? It sure is!

All this pontificating and the geniuses in this thread still can’t grasp that there was a legal dispute over the design of the bubble and it went out of production. So is it POSSIBLE that when some design schlub said they tried to get this as close as possible to the OG that there was a constraint that the company in no way was going to recognize? It sure is!
Bro came back after thise comments about the swoosh? Lol what happened to you bud?

Nike always overcorrects so I won’t doubt the bubbles being bigger. But that will also probably vary by size. No way the 3D scanned every size.

There was also less automation in manufacturing back then so there were even more variations between actual pairs. So 3D scanning a random pair isn’t going to necessarily produce the exact pair that you saw pictured on the internet.

Jesus tap dancing Christ. Some of y'all need to calm TF down. You can be mad all you want that these shoes didn't meet YOUR lofty expectations. But coming in here day after day screaming at some of us for having the audacity to like this shoe because WE aren't mad that the stitching is a tenth of a millimeter off from the OG isn't gonna change a thing. Don't like em? Don't buy em. Yelling into the void that is this message board isn't gonna make Nike decide to recall these and make the stitching a tenth of a millimeter closer. Nobody "lied" to you about anything. It seems like Nike went through a pretty huge process to remaster this shoe. If they went through the effort of scanning an OG from the archives, this is as close as we're ever gonna get to a 1:1. There's so many things you have to take into account once that scan is done, between patents, original materials no longer being available, and advances in production over the last 30+ years, it's not even possible to create them exactly as they did in 1991. This one is WORLDS better than any previous version we've seen post-1991, and it's not close. I, for one, am going to continue to enjoy my pair and not make myself miserable trying to nitpick it to death.

Back
Top Bottom