Nike Air 180 OG

I'm honestly not sure what some of you guys are on about with the Ultramarine/blue being off on the 2024 pair. It's really, REALLY close to the OG shade, if not completely correct.

A thought....maybe it would be embarrassing if their 30 year old tech were too comfortable. They want to keep retros alive for style and nostalgia, but want to be seen as a leader so you've gotta buy their latest models to get the best available. That would be a confusing message if retros were super comfy. But....now I'm probably making excuses for Nike just being lazy and wanting to save work/time and money to do something diff than they've always been doing.|l

If the comfort of these is similar to the AM1 BB red I'll be happy. Don't understand why Nike just doesn't use better or more modern foam or use lower PSI so these can have some squish without having to be 250lbs. I can't imagine it's from cost. Maybe the closed cell PU that's now used/available is what affects the comfort....but why not just use modern foams. Even those of us who want OG specs would be fine with new foams if the look is the same; closed cell PU isn't OG so no need to stick with that if it's too firm.

If these are bricks on feet I may pass. I don't need full on React or ZoomX foam comfort, but I need to fell something.
something tells me people in here would complain about the new foam if one was used...something else to complain about along with tapergate and clearness of air bubbles, midsole thickness, etc...etc....

No, I did not get them from StockX, GOAT, eBay, etc.

No, I obviously can't mention the establishment, I'm sorry.

Overall they're beautiful in hand. Chunky as expected from pics and much better overall looking than previous retro 180's.

They fit TTS in my opinion. Similar to the BB AM 86 Reds.

As Sean Go mentioned, quality control is an issue with little tiny things here and there that only I'll notice. At least I didn't get the paint job Sean Go got. :sick::smh:

OG sizing tags are a lovely nostalgic touch.

20240513_163802.jpg
20240513_163916.jpg
20240513_163903.jpg
20240513_163840.jpg
20240513_163810.jpg

Last edited:
Fit? SeanGo seems to think they run snug. AM1 BB in my TTS fits perfect, but if these are any shorter in length I'd want to go half size up. Thanks!

See my edited post. IMO they fit similar to BB Reds. If anything a centimeter smaller than those??

How do the 180s compare to the 90s in terms of comfort?

...about the same?

Only AM 90's I own these days are the amazing 2020 OG retros (AM III's). Haven't test run them yet, but at first step they're not as comfortable as those gems. Still too early for me to fully know tho.

See my edited post. IMO they fit similar to BB Reds. If anything a centimeter smaller than those??

Only AM 90's I own these days are the amazing 2020 OG retros (AM III's). Haven't test run them yet, but at first step they're not as comfortable as those gems. Still too early for me to fully know tho.

Thank you. A cm....that's massive...I'd go half size up if they're shorter than the BBs. It's insane how my entire life I always got a 10.5 in every Nike or Jordan; ONLY exception historically ever was the huarache run that I couldn't even get on without going a full size up.

Most recently sizing has been questionable. Mountain fly ACGs had to go half size up and frankly could have done a full size. Pegasus Trail GTX started with my 10.5 and had to go for an 11.5. What's going on.....

Hopefully I can get from Nike and they don't sell out so I can easily figure figure it out/return.

I'm honestly not sure what some of you guys are on about with the Ultramarine/blue being off on the 2024 pair. It's really, REALLY close to the OG shade, if not completely correct.

I only have the 2018's never got these as a kid back in the day. I had assumed that the 2018 was a straight retro like infrareds. But now I've come to know that Nike are forever messing with the colours..

Just look at the gallery here:

From what you're saying though, these are the closest to OG colourway, right.

Overall they're beautiful in hand. Chunky as expected from pics and much better overall looking than previous retro 180's.

As Sean Go mentioned, quality control is an issue with little tiny things here and there that only I'll notice. At least I didn't get the paint job Sean Go got. :sick::smh:

20240513_163802.jpg
20240513_163916.jpg
20240513_163903.jpg
20240513_163840.jpg
20240513_163810.jpg

GroundedDopeyAlpinegoat-small.gif

A thought....maybe it would be embarrassing if their 30 year old tech were too comfortable. They want to keep retros alive for style and nostalgia, but want to be seen as a leader so you've gotta buy their latest models to get the best available. That would be a confusing message if retros were super comfy. But....now I'm probably making excuses for Nike just being lazy and wanting to save work/time and money to do something diff than they've always been doing.|l
I think about this all the time, especially in the basketball segment. The tech itself hasn’t changed much since the mid 90s, just the uppers moving away from natural materials.

I don’t know why they don’t use the PU they used for the 2020 recraft 90s. Those are light and soft like the old PU, but don’t yellow like the old PU, or have paint issues.

Thank you. A cm....that's massive...I'd go half size up if they're shorter than the BBs. It's insane how my entire life I always got a 10.5 in every Nike or Jordan; ONLY exception historically ever was the huarache run that I couldn't even get on without going a full size up.

Most recently sizing has been questionable. Mountain fly ACGs had to go half size up and frankly could have done a full size. Pegasus Trail GTX started with my 10.5 and had to go for an 11.5. What's going on.....

Hopefully I can get from Nike and they don't sell out so I can easily figure figure it out/return.
Same here, I have been a 10.5 forever but the past few years, size 11 has become my TTS throughout the whole Nike/Jordan lineup.

20240513_163802.jpg
20240513_163916.jpg
20240513_163903.jpg
20240513_163840.jpg
20240513_163810.jpg

Oh baby ba-by, bay baby ba-by!!!

I always looked at it differently. Could the 2024 pair fit in with OG pairs back in 1991. Or would it stick out like a sore thumb.

Back
Top Bottom