Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Top 5-10 comedy SEQUELS all-time?

I’ve never thought about it, but are any of these contenders?

City slickers 2
Ace Ventura when nature calls
D2
Gremlins 2
Austin Powers spy who shagged me
American pie 2?
Ghostbusters 2?
Rush hour 2
Bad boys 2
Scary movie 2

Currently, first time (IN THEATERS too, for the 25th Anniversary)

IMG_4027.jpeg
Watched it in theaters as a teen and saw the 25th anniversary release the other day. :pimp:

City slickers 2
D2
Gremlins 2
American pie 2?
Ghostbusters 2?
Rush hour 2
Bad boys 2
Scary movie 2

Not sure Bad Boys qualifies as a comedy. More actiony imo.

American Pie 2 prob best on this list.

Beverly Hills Cop II? :nerd:

Austin Powers 3 probably deserves a nom.

Horrible bosses 2 is funnier to me than the first one. Maybe the plot is worse but it's literally rapid-fire jokes non-stop

Not sure Bad Boys qualifies as a comedy. More actiony imo.

American Pie 2 prob best on this list.

Beverly Hills Cop II? :nerd:

Austin Powers 3 probably deserves a nom.
Damn I agree with all of this

Hangover 2
Major League 2
Airplane 2
Horrible Bosses 2
Police Academy 2

I forgot about Major League 2! Gotta rank up there with the best. I’ve seen that one way more than the OG but i think just because I was slightly too young when the 1st one came out.

I feel like comedy sequels are a bad idea unless you can release them within 2-3 years of the first.

City slickers 2
D2
Gremlins 2
American pie 2?
Ghostbusters 2?
Rush hour 2
Bad boys 2
Scary movie 2

I'm going to zag a little and just choose the ones that are better than the originals:

Austin Powers 2
American Pie 2 (shout out to American Wedding for being my favorite of the original three)
Rush Hour 2
Scary Movie 2

Also, this is controversial, but while Ghostbusters is better than GB 2, the theme song from GB 2 slaps much harder than GB 1.

Couple other good sequels that didn't top the originals:

22 Jump Street
Home Alone 2

First watching this

1714371715022.jpeg
Great money, I loved it

Top 10 movie of all time for me. Redford, Newman and Robert Shaw are just phenomenal. The supporting cast is insane as well. Just a who's who of "those guys" from that film era. The poker scene on the train is one of the best train sequences ever. The set-up, the double crossing...it's a perfect film.

Blew through SHOGUN last weeeknd and topped off the finale Thursday, and as promised, that was pretty Special-No Diddy?

That’s the only TV I have watched since mid March.
Been on the Podcast slash Interview circuit and eating up quite a bit of Ancient History, specifically the Anunnaki. Got turned on to Billy Carson now I’m in a deep deep deep dive down a Rabbit Hole I’m not sure I’ll return from.

Had to break from that learning for a spell so I purposely looked for some content that was think free or learning adverse commentary so I pop on the Joe Rogan Katt Williams episode and what do you know, these buddies discussing the Anunnaki People within the first 10min of the episode. God has a funny sense of humor that’s for sure.

Best takeout so far is the one thing I have realized Katt probably lied about in his Shay Shay interview was that he read 3000 books like, before he was 13yo or something and damnit man, I’m currently at the spot where buddy doubles down on the 3000books then says it’s probably more and he explains how/why he did and could read that or more. I have smoke coming out of my ears right now, this man is truly something else. I think he read what he said he read, no lies told. No Diddy?

I won't vouch for EVERYTHING he said (I only watched Shay Shay and not Rogan). Neither am I a huge subscriber to Zodiac signs.

But in the Shay Shay interview when he mentioned that he listed 300 comedians, kept track of how many laughs they got, and made it a point to get more - I thought to myself, this guy must be a Virgo. Looked it up and sure enough he is :lol:

ministry of ungentleman warfare was pretty good. Definitely tried to be like inglorious basterds. eiza gonzales bae needs to chill with changing her face. In Abigail, melissa barrera bae looked like how eiza used to.

Looks like Gosling got another one...

Back
Top Bottom