A Ma Maniere AJ5 *** UPDATE *** Feds enter the chat

I won’t be surprised if the dusk release is scrapped. My dawn pair shipped out today, glad I’ll get those at least (in theory).

Really want the dusk pair though.

Also, I went .5 size up on them. But I go .5 up in 1s, 2s, 3s, 4s, 11s so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Yall can joke all you want but I'm legit sad. It sure looks bad for him and the company.
I respected all the "free game" stuff and the charity things, and the clear prioritization of black women in much of their collabs and advertising.

I actually was hoping that JB would somehow subsume them and market AMM as some kind of luxury model of JB, given all the pillowy cushioning and ornate boxes.

But as someone said, you don't wanna mess with the Feds/IRS.

You’re entitled to whatever emotion you want in response to the news however this business has been shady for years and everyone knows it.

Think about the business owners who weren’t given the opportunity to have the contracts with Nike/JB he had that and wasn’t playing by the rules so whatever the consequences are that’s between him and the feds. Just because you hold a couple seminars and talk to people don’t mean you can violate interstate commerce laws. And to add to it he’s one of the few POC with a contract as large with Nike that alone should make you want to fly straight and set the example for others trying to break into this space.

All those release dates people sat outside too support your business and you were backdooring your stock that’s straight up shady

Crazy news! Can’t see the Dusk pair being released after this but who knows. Maybe postponed and Nike will take over the release…

Crazy news! Can’t see the Dusk pair being released after this but who knows. Maybe postponed and Nike will take over the release…
Nike already controls the release. TWG's only involvement is in fulfilling orders from raffles. Check the screenshot I posted Saturday. It's the union summer 96 collection name on the merch.

They're already produced. Hopefully worse case scenario is that they just end up dropping on SNKRS, especially if they're already shipping from a Nike warehouse.

They're already produced. Hopefully worse case scenario is that they just end up dropping on SNKRS, especially if they're already shipping from a Nike warehouse.

If that happens it’ll be delayed for months (at least) and then odds of copping go way down with way more casuals entering to try and flip on StockX and make $10. I hope the release goes thru as the discord raffles have been like a 99% chance of copping.

Nike will just let this roll and address it next week. You can almost bank on that being the case. They have a warehouse in Indianapolis full of pairs and there's no future revenue from this relationship. Not just the Dusks which are supposedly produced in the same numbers as Dawns, but quite a few pairs from the Dawn release as well.

Can’t celebrate a cat goin to prison

Reading some of these replies, some of yall sound like this news of him gettin caught up made your day.

He ain’t the only one out here tryin to finesse more bread, he just the latest one that got caught.

Your favorite brand/corporation is probably up to worse…
Nike still running sweatshops?

You’re entitled to whatever emotion you want in response to the news however this business has been shady for years and everyone knows it.

Think about the business owners who weren’t given the opportunity to have the contracts with Nike/JB he had that and wasn’t playing by the rules so whatever the consequences are that’s between him and the feds. Just because you hold a couple seminars and talk to people don’t mean you can violate interstate commerce laws. And to add to it he’s one of the few POC with a contract as large with Nike that alone should make you want to fly straight and set the example for others trying to break into this space.

All those release dates people sat outside too support your business and you were backdooring your stock that’s straight up shady
Exactly right! Thats why its sad man. It sucks.

Never thought about the IRS side of things but if backdooring gr's is cut out, rip to sneaker boutiques. It's not a sustainable business model without it. I guess that's what some people want.

trappedintime trappedintime celebrating like he won the championship. There's some really weird people in this world.
Don’t get it twisted. A lot of us have heard stories and had bad experiences with his companies. But it’s worth celebrating scum in this industry getting exposed. $32M over 5 years would be one of the biggest financial crimes of the past decade by an individual in this country. So I think it’s definitely a positive to shine a light on how much of this goes on and how it has cascading effects.

I’m certainly not celebrating 255 10k+ money drops with a Chinese prostitute. This is gross stuff.

Like I said above, without backdooring gr's, boutiques don't exist. Let's hope the others are invoicing their backdoor transactions and paying taxes on them.

I'll be honest and say that then selling to someone in China isn't a huge surprise. That hasn't been a huge secret. Pretty sure some bot groups already knew about it too. I just assumed it was on the up and up bc of how non lowkey it was.

And ain't no way someone at JB didn't know. They'd have to bury their head in the sand to not know. Shops can't sell the amount of product they require for tier 0 without backdooring pairs. They just can't. I guess backdooring to China and not paying taxes is a different story but JB has to have an idea where shops are moving all that product.

Back
Top Bottom