Air Jordan XX Deconstructed

now time to put em back together....just put together some black toe and last shot 14s today...turned out OK...all i have to do i put a little layer of gorilla glue under the loose teeth and ill be done...probably paint some of the gorilla glue that shows in the gaps...

Damn. I have a ds pair but looks like thats going to change very soon. Interesting to know the heel pods are very similiar to the xx1s and xx2s. Great post!!

so they only had the pod air in the heel and the rest were just different foam pods? 

loved my white pair and beat them to death. one of the most comfortable Jordans ever as well as the lockdown. the only thing sucked was the traction wasn't all that.

:nthat: the XXs are high up on my list. As mentioned the comfort is tremendous, and all with just a few small circles of foam under the foot.

This model is better than ANY modern retro 3, 4, and 11. I don't care what anyone says, those are all done horribly these days. I welcome a retro but I don't want to pay full price this time around. Sucks that you will pretty much have to though if you want them in this day and age
indifferent.gif
. Always wanted the 1st colorway I regret passing when they were on sale everwhere for 75 bucks. may just pull the trigger
grin.gif

now time to put em back together....just put together some black toe and last shot 14s today...turned out OK...all i have to do i put a little layer of gorilla glue under the loose teeth and ill be done...probably paint some of the gorilla glue that shows in the gaps...
Not only the glue was gone. The suede was also dried out, all brittle and crumbled. That's the climate here (dry heat). So there was no rescuing them…

Since a year and a half I try storing my shoes in big ziplock bags. See if that helps. Too late for these though.

Last edited:
Interesting.  I never knew the 20s had heel Air.  I always thought that it was all foam pillars with not a sliver of Nike Air whatsoever.  I'm still impressed to this day about how comfortable they turned out to be even though they make minimal use of a cushion present in all 19 of its predecessors.  

i love my QS's too! tied for best comfort in my shoes with my 03 XIIs plus design wise they are awesome i think and nothing looks quite as cool/ futuristic as these

Sorry about your XX's 
frown.gif

I have been thinking about buying some XX's for a while. Now I'm not sure if I want to try to get an OG pair or if I should wait for the retro.

Thanks for showing us this! 

Sorry about your XX's :frown:

I have been thinking about buying some XX's for a while. Now I'm not sure if I want to try to get an OG pair or if I should wait for the retro.

Thanks for showing us this! 
you know the retros will be different and probably missing technology and will be not as comfy so i would try to get an OG in good shape but unfortunately with the market anything OG and in good shape goes for way too much

I heard these may be retroing in 2015 the stealths.. if so.. Instacop for me.. loved these.

Damn they already came apart. Its only been 9 years. I have og XIVs and XVs still intact.

Last edited:
Dug this up from the grave.. They actually released XXs as we all know. I was thinking of getting the OGs brown lasering on the retro looks bad. But after seeing these fall apart, I might have to settle for 2015s.

Dug this up from the grave.. They actually released XXs as we all know. I was thinking of getting the OGs brown lasering on the retro looks bad. But after seeing these fall apart, I might have to settle for 2015s.

I used black shoe polish to get rid of the brown. Looks great!

I used black shoe polish to get rid of the brown. Looks great!

Thanks for the suggestion, I was thinking of a black sharpie. Is the version you used, the same thing as like black shoe shine for leather? I happen to have some from Aldos.

Probably better of gravedigging the retro thread since it had feedback in there.

Regardless, have you seen the retro in person? Gold isn’t that bad at all and yes you can black it out if it bothers you. I wouldn’t use a sharpie since it may have more of a purple hue. Worse case, use a fabric marker?

Thanks for the suggestion, I was thinking of a black sharpie. Is the version you used, the same thing as like black shoe shine for leather? I happen to have some from Aldos.
Yes just normal black shoe polish is what I used. :smile:

Back
Top Bottom