Any NTers ever work as bouncers/club security?

miamin2

Supporter
I go to college in a college town and I'm looking for a job. Its not the end of the world if I don't find one right now but I'd really like to haveone, and that's why I haven't been applying to every possible place I've seen. I thought about getting a job at the gym since its pretty close towhere I stay and they're good with hours for students but I'm also thinking about trying to get a job at some night clubs around here.
There's definitely several clubs/bars that are pretty popular here, like most college towns. I'm a decent sized dude, 6'2" 225, prettystrong/solid build. I think this job would be a lot better for someone in my position rather than being someone who makes sandwiches or coffee or some crap. Ican spot fake ID's pretty easily, even though I've gotten in at most of these places for 21 even though I'm under that (all these places are 18& up, 21 & up to drink).

I'm sure there's been some people here that have worked in these types of jobs before. Am I hyping it up to myself more than it really is? Or if not,do you guys have any tips on how I'd be able to get a type of job like this? I don't think that any clubs would pile a new employee who doesn'thave too much experience with too many hours especially on peak hours like weekend nights, which appeals to me. And I think the job would be somewhat fun andthe pay can't be too bad...

i know people that have done it. whenever youre at a bar or club just go up to someone in security and ask to talk to head of security and see if theyrehiring.

it probably isnt the most legit job tho. i dont think you get paychecks, they just give you cash at the end of the night.

Originally Posted by 18key

Originally Posted by miamin2

do you guys have any tips on how I'd be able to get a type of job like this?

Be a d bag.

Been kicked out recently? I don't necessarily need a very solid paycheck every two weeks or w/e, but some extra money on the side for a student working twoor three nights a week would be nice. I'll try that out, wildout4, probably on a slow night or something

Being a DJ its always good to make friends with the doorman. The money is alright but its a great outlet to the perks, chicks get wet at the authority you haveover them to let them in and when you're not working chances are you are drinking for free.

i think haiti5 was a bouncer....8/10 bouncers are d'bags; some have been cool tho....giving me a wristband when i was underage...reason i went to jail onetime was for punching bouncer..lol

Back
Top Bottom