OFFICIAL 2023-2024 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD *THE START OF THE MICHIGAN WOLVERINE DYNASTY; UPDATE 1/24/2024: THE END OF THE MICHIGAN DYNASTY*

Who will win the 2023 College Football Playoffs?

• the Ohio State

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alabama

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • UGA

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • LSU

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Texas

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Michigan

Votes: 10 23.8%
  • Other

Votes: 15 35.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This PAC collapse has to be mostly blamed on Larry Scott right? Feel like the ship was already sinking when the new commissioner took over
It’s a bunch of things they’ve done starting with them and the conference siding with the ncaa on the bush sanctions, pushing the rest of the conference to drop the unequal revenue share USC had, and encouraging Larry Scott’s whole parity bs like forcing USC and UCLA to play unfair schedules so the other schools can recruit in LA every year.

Oregon benefited from a decade of USC sanctions and ****ty coaching hires and fancied themselves to be the new bell cow of the conference. The irony is they’re now chasing USC because the harsh reality hit.

This PAC collapse has to be mostly blamed on Larry Scott right? Feel like the ship was already sinking when the new commissioner took over

Even if the PAC12N had been handled perfectly by Scott there’s still a decent chance SC and UCLA would had eventually left due to the gap in tv money, but at the very least I think PAC would be in the position where they would be picking off the Big XII rather then getting raided themselves had Larry not have been so incompetent.

Even if the PAC12N had been handled perfectly by Scott there’s still a decent chance SC and UCLA would had eventually left due to the gap in tv money, but at the very least I think PAC would be in the position where they would be picking off the Big XII rather then getting raided themselves had Larry not have been so incompetent.
The PAC WAS in position to pick off Big 12 schools. In 2011-12 and in 2021. They also had a chance to do a scheduling agreement with the Big 12 and joint media deal. Each time most of the schools voted against it (Oregon felt it would make the path through the conference more difficult with little benefit.) The irony…

Is the big 10 really going to add Oregon, UW, Clemson and FSU?

At most I think it’s going to be Oregon and UW at a reduced share. If that GOR was easy to break, Clemson and FSU would be out of the conference by now.

I don’t really want to see the conference expand past 20. If they decide to add Oregon and UW, they should stand pat at 18 and wait on ND.

At most I think it’s going to be Oregon and UW at a reduced share. If that GOR was easy to break, Clemson and FSU would be out of the conference by now.

I don’t really want to see the conference expand past 20. If they decide to add Oregon and UW, they should stand pat at 18 and wait on ND.
There’s too much noise from these schools campaigning to get in. Way too many leaks out there so I’m taking this all with a grain of salt.

I think the Arizona schools leave this weekend.

As for the rest of it:

A thing we will see is Uw and Oregon leaking propaganda about them to the BXII to try to bluff the B1G Into jumping on them.

They’re trying to force the B1G’s hand. The B1G originally said they couldn’t and wouldn’t take them before 2025 anyway so it’ll be interesting to see if they change that due to the suddenness of everything happening. Still the conference can’t act like they didn’t consider this scenario likely when they vetted and passed on them last year and early this year…

simpsons-grandpa.gif

I had to chuckle yesterday at the "realignment is ruining college football" tweets. The Big 12 has been picked apart for the last decade.

Back
Top Bottom