Votes: 237 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
Guess what took no time to hit outlets.. For retail of course . Yeahhh GLO....

20240427_160439.jpg
Curious to why they are there so fast. Was just in the Cincinnati outlet Friday. Copped my girl some AM1s nothing crazy but I went to the mall yesterday and they were there for retail.
I wonder why/how that happened.

How??? Over produced and not enough sales for retail... Even for $114 shipped the site didn't sell out...
Curious to why they are there so fast. Was just in the Cincinnati outlet Friday. Copped my girl some AM1s nothing crazy but I went to the mall yesterday and they were there for retail.
I wonder why/how that happened.
They're over produced... Nike knew since the shock drop, these the green glow 3s and team red 1s were gonna sit... Nike has tons of other jordans releasing weekly. There less space to actually hoard up warehouse space. We'll start seeing a lot more releases trickling over to outlets soon...

I don't understand why Nike outlets have the Green Glows but yet they're still going for full retail price. Isn't everything that is being sold at the outlets supposed to be marked at sale price?

Oh, hell yeah. Shoe Carnival specials was a delicacy at my house., basically after I all but refused to wear Pay Less joints. I remember one year I got some Nike Court Tennis vulcanized shoes and I thought I was the absolute ****. Got some Reebok Kamikaze Lows another year. Went to Chuck Taylors and One Stars for a few years when they were like $15 at Target. Finally started mowing yards and ended up buying my own shoes by the time I was like 12 or 13 and eventually bought a used pair of Jordan 14 Lows used from a friend in a size or two too small. No turning back after that. It was Nike/Jordan for casual and Vans or Converse for skating. I don't have any of my own kids, but my nephew is 5 and I've bought him more name brand shoes than my parents bought me my entire life.

Nobody believes me when I tell them Walmart and Target used to have actual, legit Converse Chuck Taylors. Years ago, I found a pair in my mom's basement that still had the Walmart tag on them for $4.98. Wish I'd thought to take a picture of it.

I don't understand why Nike outlets have the Green Glows but yet they're still going for full retail price. Isn't everything that is being sold at the outlets supposed to be marked at sale price?

Nah, outlets aren't "outlets" any more. They're more like regular stores that you MIGHT be able to find some marked down older stock at from time to time. Last couple of times I've been, it's been a LOT of full price or like $5 off.

Outlets ain't really outlets anymore. It's been a long time since they were. In NYC we have "factory stores" and "clearance stores" (in addition to flagship retail stores). I don't really know what the difference is. I've never been to a clearance store but I know factory stores often have new releases and full price items.

There's also a factory store section on the website? not sure what it means https://www.nike.com/w/nike-factory-store-47w4rz6ks5xz90poy

Nah, outlets aren't "outlets" any more. They're more like regular stores that you MIGHT be able to find some marked down older stock at from time to time. Last couple of times I've been, it's been a LOT of full price or like $5 off.
Outlets ain't really outlets anymore. It's been a long time since they were. In NYC we have "factory stores" and "clearance stores" (in addition to flagship retail stores). I don't really know what the difference is. I've never been to a clearance store but I know factory stores often have new releases and full price items.

There's also a factory store section on the website? not sure what it means https://www.nike.com/w/nike-factory-store-47w4rz6ks5xz90poy
Wow this is new to me. Thanks for your insight!

I swear I've seen these before, I think it was a Melo PE.

Yeah, these are definitely the Melos, which used Nubuck on the Gold parts of the shoe (and the gold was a lot more pale)..........now they're re-rereleasing it as a GR OG Hi release with an even brighter gold and everything leather

From what I've seen, clearance stores are the ones with stuff marked down, but it's a total crap shoot as to what you'll find. Factory stores are the stores we used to know as outlets. They're just basically retail stores with a hash wall and random sales and less product.

From what I've seen, clearance stores are the ones with stuff marked down, but it's a total crap shoot as to what you'll find. Factory stores are the stores we used to know as outlets. They're just basically retail stores with a hash wall and random sales and less product.

A lot of retailers have gone this route in the last ten years.

What used to be "outlets" --where previous season retail stuff went for massive markdown--are usually now "clearance stores" in Nike parlance. You can find top of the line stuff at steep discount.

What more frequently pop up now are "factory outlets" where Nike will market a few top drawer items, like a single pair of current season tech fleece and a pair of Invincible runners at retail, and then push substandard "made for factory outlet" crap with the rest of the square footage. Lots of suburbanites duped into thinking they're buying the latest and greatest, but it's all garbage.

GAP / Banana Republic / Old Navy are notorious for this. Their "outlet" stores aren't really getting anything notable from previous seasons--its all subpar filler stamped with a GAP logo and then shuffled out for almost as much as their retail stores.

Dope to read all these stories. Seems like almost all of us came from some humble beginnings. All the more reason to respect and understand JB makes products for the whole family, not just age 30-60 Michael Jordan fans
I mean they’re not going to leave money on the table, they don’t care about the demographic of their customer-just the revenue they can produce for them. We’re all just numbers to these big corporations and their boards/shareholders, nothing more, nothing less.

Back
Top Bottom