Official Bape Thread

There was a bunch of YouTube/ insta breakdowns about how bape had somehow side stepped a patent law or something back in the 90s. I believe that law has since been changed or renewed if I'm not mistaken.

Bape did alter their shape a while back but the current bapesta which is basically the V3 does have much closer similarities to AF1s.

I wonder what happens with this. Bape is no where near as big as Nike but they are a street wear icon. Nike could lose some cool points on this one.
they did change the shape and did some alterations to their models and now look nothing like nike models. The color schemes are similar but nothing is the same. Since Bape is a China owned company could be the reason why they want to come for Bape. When Nigo owned it I think Nike didnt have Trade Laws in japan (hence older bapestas look exactly like AF1).

I dont think anything happens tho. Bape has since made changes to their shoes like 4-5 times already. Nothing is being copied here IMO

Pandas for da toes

7FA48B70-EDD2-4B1C-AB85-BD196924F419.jpeg
9D0FC5D8-9716-43BF-A716-71070CB1335C.jpeg

Sounds like Nike was cool with Bape having a large overseas footprint. But they’ve def picked up their U.S. operations in the past year or so, which seems to be the issue.

Personally, while Nike does have grounds to sue, I think it’s extremely corny to get tight just because they’ve expanded operation stateside. Either you’re okay with their infringement or you’re not. Very petty of Nike.

Some Barbour x Bape on sale:

Some stuff through the years in this one.

Why complex actually have fake bapestas in those pictures. Cotton candy never came out with that sole that says BAPE, colors are also off, that midsole only came out during nigos last few years with the brand around 2010 - 2012 era, and then those flaming torches are obviously fakes with the under size midsole lmao.

Why complex actually have fake bapestas in those pictures. Cotton candy never came out with that sole that says BAPE, colors are also off, that midsole only came out during nigos last few years with the brand around 2010 - 2012 era, and then those flaming torches are obviously fakes with the under size midsole lmao.
I was wondering why the shape kept shifting on the V1, that explains it.

I just hate that Nike added courtsta highs to the suit that never released and was scrapped because it was too close to shadows. The 93 lows and courtsta’s have most likely pissed off nike in a major way. Couple that with the JJJOUND collab hype and I can see the issue. Bapes designs are different enough in my eyes but Nike has been playing a little dirty in the courts to resubmit copyright and trademark patents for 1s dunks and AF1s these past few years. Don’t see Bape dropping anymore coartsta’s or even Blocksta’s. If Nike does win, adidas might follow suit for skullsta’s and Nike may circle back for madstas looking too much like blazers.

Maybe I’m wrong but since Bape has been sold to the Chinese fashion conglomerate, doesn’t Nike have a trade dress patent in china? I know I read they didn’t have one in Japan during Nigo’s tenure

Back
Top Bottom