South Korean movies will change your life

Not at all.

Thanks for the suggestions OP.

There was a Korean (I think) movie I watched on a flight once. The story was about a group of friends sharing their cell phone messages/pics/videos to each other and some stuff happened after. I can't remember exactly but I remember being entertained.

Anybody have any idea which movie that was?

I remember there there being a dinner party with everyone putting their phone in the middle of the table or something.

Intimate Strangers (2018)

I watched it a few years ago and I was in and out of sleep.

Trying to remember key parts.

Instead of helping me build my knowledge, you and danger style danger style laugh at me.
Screenshot_20201231-100244_Chrome.jpg

I also saw a movie back in the day I think it may have been Korean but can't remember the name. It had a blind guy walk into a bar/restaurant and there's a sick Martial Arts fight scene. They were in a forest can't remember much more. The reason I think it was a Korean is because the story line was deep and had alot of twists. Let me know if it rings a bell.

I think that Intimate Strangers is a remake. I saw a French film with the same premise a few years ago.

Might as well change this to the South Korean Movies/Drama Thread. I swear my wife aint watched K-Dramas until the pandemic and she's like 5-6 deep now.

I also saw a movie back in the day I think it may have been Korean but can't remember the name. It had a blind guy walk into a bar/restaurant and there's a sick Martial Arts fight scene. They were in a forest can't remember much more. The reason I think it was a Korean is because the story line was deep and had alot of twists. Let me know if it rings a bell.

maybe this one?

1609430673060.jpg

Just peeped a 4hr long joint called elephants standing still.
Was super well done, shot beautifully even tho most of the film was shadowy, but that’s for good reason. Acting was awesome. Worth it to get they it.

the director killed himself afterward, it’s got layers. Definitely worth checking out.

Op have you tried their fried chicken?

Haha, I like to cook I made some a few times. The trick is frying it twice for the extra crisp.

maybe this one?

1609430673060.jpg

Hmmm maybe. Can you tell me the title (Eng or Kor) I'll YouTube it. Much appreciated

Was super well done, shot beautifully even tho most of the film was shadowy, but that’s for good reason. Acting was awesome. Worth it to get they it.

the director killed himself afterward, it’s got layers. Definitely worth checking out.

I have not heard of this one. Adding to the list.

Lol i lived in south korea for 5 year. don’t think i’ve see a movie except parasite. mostly did the same stuff when i was there: play hoops

some that I didn't see mentioned

The Good, the Bad, the Weird
Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter... and Spring
The Age of Shadows
Castaway on the Moon
The Yellow Sea
The Chaser
Joint Security Area (JSA)
The Suspect
Tae Guk Gi

Train To Busan also has a sequel (The Peninsula) and a animated prequel (Seoul Station)

also it is known that KFC >>>>

nameless gangster
veteran
my sassy girl
inside men
i saw the devil
old boy
tazza
new world

pretty crappy english titles lol but all great films.

My current girl put me on. I seriously had no idea.

Honestly the new found exposure has made quarantine so much more manageable. :lol:

Couple of my favorites that are more recent:

The Handmaiden
A Taxi Driver
The Man From Nowhere
Believer
The Wailing
The Call

so what dramas "she got you" watching, this a safe place 👀

All asian movies look alike huh ?? :smh:

Back
Top Bottom