The Official Fantasy Football Thread

Originally Posted by Caerus

Originally Posted by Durden7

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

I feel you on that. But I feel like even with an awful offense Charles is bound to make some noise right?

Charles isnt that good.

He gad a great season last year under Weis, but with him gone and that team regressing, hes going to struggle big time.

No, he's THAT good. It's one game. Chiefs don't get him the ball enough. I watched almost that entire game Sunday and he got 4-5 yards it seemed every carry. 
He's not going to put up last years #'s though, but he's still good for 1,200 and 9+ TD's
Well to be fair, I don't think Charles has ever even sniffed 9 TD's........ or has he
nerd.gif

Anyways, whats the verdict fellas? Should I take the deal. Maybe try and get a someone capable player to make the deal 2 for 2? I'm thinking Mike Thomas or McCluster maybe

^ Yeah, try to get a 2nd player just for depth purposes.

Both of those Hillis trades are difficult. B-Marsh is an animal, but the Fins simply don't know how to get him the ball. Henne isn't going to be throwing for 400 yards again anytime soon. It's a coin-toss, but I like Forte a lot. Wouldn't argue with you if you decide to accept it, though.

I like Austin a lot, but like I said, I'm not ready to give up on Gore yet. It's a tempting offer, so I couldn't argue with that either.

Pick two: 
Arian Foster

Reggie Bush

BenJarvus Green-Ellis

Tim Hightower

Felix Jones

Mark Ingrm

Pick three:

Greg Jennings

Reggie Wayne

Dwayne Bowe

Steve Smith

Thanks in advance...

Originally Posted by blazinjkid

^ Yeah, try to get a 2nd player just for depth purposes.

Both of those Hillis trades are difficult. B-Marsh is an animal, but the Fins simply don't know how to get him the ball. Henne isn't going to be throwing for 400 yards again anytime soon. It's a coin-toss, but I like Forte a lot. Wouldn't argue with you if you decide to accept it, though.

I like Austin a lot, but like I said, I'm not ready to give up on Gore yet. It's a tempting offer, so I couldn't argue with that either. a
alright thanks
but who would you give up if your me

Dwayne Bowe, Kenny Britt and Jeremy Maclin. I'm leaning towards Maclin or Bowe, I think Britt is going to ball this year.

Pick 1 RB:

Beanie @ Skins
Fred Jax vs Raiders
Benson @ Denver
Jacobs vs Rams

Pick 1 RB/WR:
Beanie @ Skins
Fred Jax vs Raiders
Benson @ Denver
Jacobs vs Rams
Manningham vs Rams

Originally Posted by SCuse7

Dwayne Bowe, Kenny Britt and Jeremy Maclin. I'm leaning towards Maclin or Bowe, I think Britt is going to ball this year.
I think Bowe has the best trade value of the 3 listed but it might be tougher to ship him if KC's offense continues to stall.

I'm shopping him around myself for the right deal.

I just wrote up a Power Rankings for my $$ league that I do with a bunch of friends from home... Am I the only one that does that?
laugh.gif

3615.jpg

Coach Jack Del Rio revealed Tuesday that Marcedes Lewis is a "question mark" for this week's game after a calf strain was discovered.

Del Rio originally termed the injury "leg cramps," but this is obviously a greater concern. Lewis can't rush back as quickly from a hamstring injury. Fantasy owners should be on the lookout for another option in Week 2. With Luke McCown in the game manager role, Lewis isn't a great bet for long-term TE1 value anyway.

Fred Davis or Ed Dickson?

I feel you on that. But I feel like even with an awful offense Charles is bound to make some noise right?

Charles isnt that good.

He gad a great season last year under Weis, but with him gone and that team regressing, hes going to struggle big time.

No, he's THAT good. It's one game. Chiefs don't get him the ball enough. I watched almost that entire game Sunday and he got 4-5 yards it seemed every carry. 
He's not going to put up last years #'s though, but he's still good for 1,200 and 9+ TD's
He only had 8 TDs last year so thinking hell get to 9 is a stretch.

And have you seen the Chiefs offense?

They dont get him the ball because that offense is terrible.  Most of the weeks are going to be like week 1.  Theyre going to be down and passing the ball.

My point is that Charles isnt a top 5 RB fantasy wise.  I dont even know if id put him in the top 10.

I was offered Andre Johnson for Jamal Charles. Standard scoring and I have Frank Gore, Blount, Moreno, and Best as my RB's. Charles was my first pick thats the only reason I am hesitating. Should I take the trade? Also Charles has a tough line up for fantasy playoffs. Week 12 Vs Steelers, Week 13 Vs Chicago, Week 14 Vs Jets, Week 15 Vs Packers. That is a pretty tough schedule for any running back.

The dude is now offering Ochocinco...

So its not I give: Felix Jones/Kenny Britt

I receive: Jamaal Charles/Ochocinco
eyes.gif

What'd up everyone hope everyone won or atleast got high points myself beat my opponent and scored highest out all the teams did it in both my money leagues so I'm happy but now back to business

Charles isnt that good.

With only 230 carries. Thomas Jones is done. Charles will be getting 80% of that workload this year, not 50/50.

and Cuse, I'd be inclined to agree with you. Despite the week 1 performance, Bowe has more upside, so I'd probably get rid of Maclin, just because he's 3rd in line after Shady and D-Jax.

So Guy listen to my predicament I have good wrs I have roddy white, wes welker, jordy Nelson "Green bays wes welker" Kenny britt steve smith and Jeremy maclin, and colston is out lol. So I have to think hmmm can't sit roddy cause it's roddy. Then can't sit Wes cause it Wes so I'm looking to flex 1 in.

Jordy Nelson vs sorry panthers secondary

Kenny britt vs bal d which means he will get ton of looks cause bal d will shut the run down

Steve smith(car) vs green bay which the panthers will have to throw which brees showed can be done.

All three had great game and alot of points but which should I go with hmmm tough pick for me this week lol

^Nelson is probably the most conservative play. But Kenny Britt could be good as well..

Why stay away from Jamaal Charles? Kinda what durden was saying earlier?

Originally Posted by blazinjkid

With only 230 carries. Thomas Jones is done. Charles will be getting 80% of that workload this year, not 50/50.

The Cheifs offense is still dog**** even if Charles gets 80% of the carries.

Charlie Weis made that offense what it was last year.  Their performances is every game since Weis left is no fluke.

^Nelson is probably the most conservative play. But Kenny Britt could be good as well..

Why stay away from Jamaal Charles? Kinda what durden was saying earlier?
I 1000% agree w/ everything Durden said. Charles is not topping what he did last year. I'd advise against that trade rck2sactown.
Not to mention, Britt should have a tremendous season w/ Hasselbeck at QB.

So I guess Charles 5.6 YPC last game was a fluke too? 

Jags offense has been atrocious for years...MJD has still been a top 5-10 back every year. Titans offense is garbage too, CJ still gets his. McNabb threw for 39 $%!$#%! yards, are people panicking about AP?...What makes the Chiefs different?

look at the top 6 backs in the league:
AP
CJ
DMC
Charles
Rice
Shady

Outside of McCoy, none of those offenses are really anything to brag about. Those dudes still get theirs. Just flat-out do not agree with the assessment that since the Chiefs suck, so will Charles.

Back
Top Bottom