The Official Military Thread. Vol 1

Remember to get the insurance before the VA claim. My dumb self didn’t think about it.

I got out. Going through the va for my disability process
Wish you the best.
Let me know how that goes, I need to start building my medical record…my fingers hurt as I type this
It really isn’t bad. I didn’t use a DAV, a law firm, etc. my buddy got 100%. He showed me the verbiage he used in his claim and what he claimed. I don’t remember but I probably submitted a dozen or more ailments. I think it was 300% all told (you can only get 100%).

Also…some of it is where and who does the assessment because they don’t go by your medical records per se. The place I went to was a run down clinic in San Diego. And for sleep apnea I just gave them the study I did from 2017 and the fact I had a prescription for a CPAP.

Remember to get the insurance before the VA claim. My dumb self didn’t think about it.

Wish you the best.

It really isn’t bad. I didn’t use a DAV, a law firm, etc. my buddy got 100%. He showed me the verbiage he used in his claim and what he claimed. I don’t remember but I probably submitted a dozen or more ailments. I think it was 300% all told (you can only get 100%).

Also…some of it is where and who does the assessment because they don’t go by your medical records per se. The place I went to was a run down clinic in San Diego. And for sleep apnea I just gave them the study I did from 2017 and the fact I had a prescription for a CPAP.

I kinda hope the same for my sleep apnea. I got it while I was in Bahrain but kept all the paperwork.

Haven't used it since Bahrain though.

Is it still an active prescription? Maybe that will help. As well as the diagnosis. It’s a lot of work to go through the sleep apnea “process.”

But again…it seems like a roll of the die depending on the assessment and evaluator.

I tried to claim hearing loss. I know for a fact “Big Navy” had me on hearing conservation and I’d been based at two air stations plus numerous rifle ranges, etc. That one was tough to prove.

One of my coworkers got his tinnitus claim denied lol. That’s like the toughest thing to disprove you have ringing in your ears. But maybe it was his initial claim (which is the first step).

Everyone’s VA experience seems to vary. The VA likes to play games but don’t let that stop you. They gone pay what they owe.

Worst case scenario on sleep apnea is that you do another sleep study. I did two before I got out.

Everyone’s VA experience seems to vary. The VA likes to play games but don’t let that stop you. They gone pay what they owe.

Worst case scenario on sleep apnea is that you do another sleep study. I did two before I got out.
I won’t lie. I’ve had varying results when it comes to sleep apnea diagnosis.

The first said it was extreme. Second shrugged their shoulder and said it wasn’t severe enough. Then the third said the same thing. But I had the benefit of a Navy medical officer referring me to get a APAP prior to retiring.

I’m happy that y’all are getting the opportunity to get y’all stuff taken care of in a timely manner, I’ve got until 31JAN25 and I have a little over 90 days leave plus house hunting/job hunting and I still need to take GPS/TAPs and my Ops Dept. is bs’ing still sending me on mission and ****, so when I finally can get something done, I have to rush it. The only upside is I’m over in Bahrain and they send us out in town, I’m claiming everything, because those Docs at RBH don’t say no to anything.

This much I do know, I’m claiming my skin, specifically on my feet. Long story short, while I was on mission on a MSC Ship, their drains messed up and flowed into the showers, but it was fuel. Fuel. That **** flowed through the deck drain somehow and ran over my feet and shower shoes while I was in the shower. Then on top of that, I left the ship for about two hours to hit the gym, my phone starts blowing up because our berthing was overflowing with CHT. We moved into the hotel that afternoon. We got a letter of uninhabitability and I’m going to file that just out of spite.

Almost missed a phone appoint cuz im at work so I was gonna cancel it and reschedule.

Va policy is you have to reschedule 24 hours before time or the claim starts all over , not only that the other claims that are months out are also canceled because I was gonna cancel THIS one appointment.

I ended up making it but
What kinda **** is that
IMG_5387.png

This much I do know, I’m claiming my skin, specifically on my feet. Long story short, while I was on mission on a MSC Ship, their drains messed up and flowed into the showers, but it was fuel. Fuel. That **** flowed through the deck drain somehow and ran over my feet and shower shoes while I was in the shower. Then on top of that, I left the ship for about two hours to hit the gym, my phone starts blowing up because our berthing was overflowing with CHT. We moved into the hotel that afternoon. We got a letter of uninhabitability and I’m going to file that just out of spite.

You retiring or just getting out?

I know you are in Bahrain. While I was there a cheif in my command retired from there and they sent her to Germany for all of her exams.

If you are retiring you will be able to get your BBD done at your 180 day mark.

If just getting out it's a different story.

You retiring or just getting out?

I know you are in Bahrain. While I was there a cheif in my command retired from there and they sent her to Germany for all of her exams.

If you are retiring you will be able to get your BBD done at your 180 day mark.

If just getting out it's a different story.
I’m retiring, I wish they would send me to Germany, I need a break, but I’d rather get all exams done here cuz these docs out here at RBH will tell you you have everything under the sun. Most of the guys I know that retired out of here are easily 70% or above.

I’m retiring, I wish they would send me to Germany, I need a break, but I’d rather get all exams done here cuz these docs out here at RBH will tell you you have everything under the sun. Most of the guys I know that retired out of here are easily 70% or above.

Is there any DAV representation out there? If there isn't see if you can email a DAV in SD or VA so they can help with your claim.

Everyone that I know that has gone to the DAV in Miramar has gotten 100%

I have no billet in Bahrain.

I'd go back in a second. The damn AOIC billet at NMC is for the surface guys.....smh.

Did my c&p for my body injuries yesterday, i brought my notes but im kickin myself because i didnt give my records from my off base appointments to the vso . The examiner took her time and made copies of the ones i did give her so maybe that will help some.

I got there at 8am and didnt leave until almost noon so im optimistic for now. Last one is for my hearing.

Back
Top Bottom