The Official NBA Thread: Mavs v Celtics in the NBA Finals | elpablo21 is Taking Receipts

I just hope James Jones doesn't get scapegoated. He didn't want to do the KD trade (I believe he pulled back the year before). This should be on Ishbia.

Only thing I hate about Ant is when y'all try to do that Jordan comp thing. Will never co-sign that.

Why would I hate Ant? That one doesn't fit my agenda at all. He's American born, fully black, he should've never Klutch so that is a knock but honestly I'm generally neutral to him. Still like Lamelo better but he gotta get out of Charlotte.

Promoting green bubble phones is nasty because w/e celebrity they give one too is not using that in real life. It's just as bad as pro basketball players endorsing Kias when they don't drive them.

It's nasty.

On this note, it kills me seeing Bron & Steph do commercials for Taco Bell & Subway :lol:

You know them *****s don’t eat that ****

Green bubble text phone.

Samsung or Galaxy or something.

One of them ****s.

What is the name of the commercial? I kinda wanna hate watch it :lol:. Also felt it was green bubble activity, so another reason it’s such a turn off 🤢

how can/does anyone hate ant of all people

Dude plays for the Timberwolves of all teams too, so no one should have an excuse on the team side of things

I don't understand how they are anything less than screwed.

1. They don't control any other draft picks for the next six seasons

2. They don't have any assets to trade outside of their core four players (KD, Booker, Beal and Allen)

3. Their current roster that got swept in the first round already puts them above the second apron which makes it even more difficult to make changes on the fringes of the roster.

4. They have the worst contract in the league on the books for the next three seasons and Beal has a no trade clause so it will make it even more difficult to move him

5. This season was basically best case scenario for this roster as currently constructed. 35-year-old Kevin Durant played 77 games at a high level, Beal was the healthiest he has been in many years and Book played at his usual all NBA level and they still got swept in the first round. I can see many scenarios where Durant experiences age-related decline and Beal goes back to being injured and they win 35 games

You can make the argument that Phoenix is in one of the worst positions of any team in the league

You clearly didn't read my post because you didn't respond to what I said in it

I didn't say the Suns were not screwed, I said they are not screwed until the 2030s...

Suns will just run it back next year with a new coach

After next year, they will probably have to make a major personal decision if things don't work out

People are exaggerating how screwed they are. Acting like they are dead in the water until the 2030s.

Beal contract doesn't last until the 2030s.

We don't know how much the new TV contract will bump the salary cap and provide earlier relief

And I even said after next season that is when they will have to decide on major moves, i.e. trading KD or Booker.

They are jammed up in the short term but not well into the next decade like people are acting.

I am fully aware of the Suns situation. Nothing you said here addressed my original point

Woke up happy this could very well have been TOBIASS last home game as a sixer

But the homer in me wants this to keep going and i gotta believe

Nope. You doubt his defense and you doubt his scoring

But continue the back pedal drills

I said Ant and Lamelo are dead even, Ant just gets to play on a better team. I don't think that was a bad assessment.

Granted Lamelo's health hasn't been helping him at all and with Lonzo's track record it might be a serious issue for him his whole career. I still stand by everything I said.

Not letting sweeping the sorry Suns get me caught in the moment and making ridiculous takes. Once again it's a lot easier to look like a good defender when you have Rudy Gobert in the paint protecting the rim and Jaden McDaniels on the court with you too.

RustyShackleford RustyShackleford

IMG_6796.gif

This isn’t on KD this is on management trying to put a team together like they’re playing 2K.

Beal isn’t a PG and he isn’t a better passer or scorer than Booker. An ideal role would’ve been them getting a decent PG and have Beal come off the bench with the 2nd unit. Baffling how you manage to put together a team with no PGs AND no rim protection. Destined for failure in the playoffs.

Last edited:
I said Ant and Lamelo are dead even, Ant just gets to play on a better team. I don't think that was a bad assessment.

Granted Lamelo's health hasn't been helping him at all and with Lonzo's track record it might be a serious issue for him his whole career. I still stand by everything I said.

Not letting sweeping the sorry Suns get me caught in the moment and making ridiculous takes.
Comparing Edwards defense to balls is a bad assessment

Saying Edwards can’t score in a more variety of ways than ball is a bad assessment

And this isn’t to be negative towards ball

This isn’t on KD this is on management trying to put together a team together like they’re playing 2K.

Beal isn’t a PG and he isn’t a better passer or scorer than Booker. An ideal role would’ve been them getting a decent PG and have Beal come off the bench with the 2nd unit. Baffling how you manage to put together a team with no PGs AND no rim protection. Destined for failure in the playoffs.
Better question is how do you change it? Can’t move any of those 3 guys right now, no draft picks for the next 5 years. I guess you fire Vogel but there’s not much hope for any winning in PHX with those guys, so does it really matter who is coaching?

Woke up happy this could very well have been TOBIASS last home game as a sixer

But the homer in me wants this to keep going and i gotta believe

Even I feel bad for Tobias. It’s ugly.

He’s missing bunnies over Brunson in the paint.

Back
Top Bottom