The Official NBA Thread: Mavs v Celtics in the NBA Finals | elpablo21 is Taking Receipts

x3b371phfs0d1.jpg

Minny really went from “cracking the code” to “blowing it up” in 3 games lol

I
Until the past week I thought he was best known as being a mental ****** and doing stupid stuff to not play at all, not that his play significantly changed in the playoffs. There's really nothing statistically to back up any dropoff in his play in the postseason. It's just a narrative people want to run with.
It’s not that his play changes in the playoffs materially, so much as teams in the playoffs are able to play with match-ups and eventually find ways to decrease or even neutralize his defensive impact by pulling him out from the basket and/or forcing him to rotate out to 3 point shooters.

So since the JA and Mobley split is coming what type of big needs to be next to Mobley to maximize his potential? 🤔

Until the past week I thought he was best known as being a mental ****** and doing stupid stuff to not play at all, not that his play significantly changed in the playoffs. There's really nothing statistically to back up any dropoff in his play in the postseason. It's just a narrative people want to run with.
Rebound rates drop. Blocked shot rates drop. Opponent rim/paint conversion goes up. Eyeball test screams his influence dips.

It's plain as day, man.

It’s not that his play changes in the playoffs materially, so much as teams in the playoffs are able to play with match-ups and eventually find ways to decrease or even neutralize his defensive impact by pulling him out from the basket and/or forcing him to rotate out to 3 point shooters.
To me that speaks to poor coaching on RG’s teams. What I saw happen in this series is that the Nuggets recognized in game 2 that the strategy was the same without him playing and they re-calibrated, while the wolves haven’t changed much of anything defensively.

Mobley should be the lone big on the Cavs. Don’t need to pair him with another.

Think Allen would pair better with Chet than he did Mobley, but Thunder apparently don’t want another big if he can’t do everything (which I disagree with).

Pairing him with Chet would allow Chet to take on a bigger role offensively (which I believe he can). Don’t really see why he couldn’t be like Lauri, except better defensively.

Back
Top Bottom