What does it take to start/run a night club?

I was thinking about starting a club in the near future, thing is, I'll probably do it in another country though. I seems like it would be a lot of workthat could pay off. Does anyone have experience in owning/running one?

Everytime this thread comes up people say that its a lot of hassle, and your held liable if someone gets hurt or worse at your club etc.

Funny you ask this when I just met up with a few business partners checking out some locations. We're in talks of having a spot every Wednesday and Friday.

Basically...

Security
DJ

...is what you would need to start. Liquor distribution and licenses are important...of course. Then...fill in the spaces. (Hosts, Money Collectors,Bartenders)

one a side note what can you do if lets say security from a club that you never even went inside chased you down the street with a gang of 20 of his friendsand stomped the crap outa you. what can you do? the reason I ask is cuz it happened to my boy last week

I wrote the title on Yahoo and this is what came up.
laugh.gif

First find a location buy or lease if & when you find the right place you might get a bar thats already in business or one you have to remodel . The theme , the decor the music ,food the help My friends just opened a bar 1 mo. ago it took almost a yr. to open they bought it and did the whole place over. Do a lot of research cause you have to have some banging ideas to keep them coming in [ a speciality ] Expenses depends if you buy or lease your equipment , decor and stock and good help its up to you and what your budget is . No-one can really give you an estimate of the expenses without the facts . you also have to get the liquor license and a background check and to serve food you need to get certified from the health dept. Anyone can open a bar it takes a LOT to keep it going for that you really have to know what you're doing .

anyways just go www.Entrepreneur.com and see the basics.

most important things, a DJ, liquor license and experienced bartenders

in major cities its a hassel getting permits to open up clubs. Its also a hassel to get a ABC license, usually you have to wait a long time unless you buy itfrom another business. I think ABC license alone is at least 15k depending on the county you are in.

Originally Posted by GrandaddyPurp415

one a side note what can you do if lets say security from a club that you never even went inside chased you down the street with a gang of 20 of his friends and stomped the crap outa you. what can you do? the reason I ask is cuz it happened to my boy last week
whats the rest of the story?
laugh.gif
I doubt that would happen justbecause a bouncer was bored or something

Originally Posted by JayPesoz

Originally Posted by GrandaddyPurp415

one a side note what can you do if lets say security from a club that you never even went inside chased you down the street with a gang of 20 of his friends and stomped the crap outa you. what can you do? the reason I ask is cuz it happened to my boy last week
whats the rest of the story?
laugh.gif
I doubt that would happen just because a bouncer was bored or something

Ok lets first strat by saying I was not there at all so I dont really know but, basically my boy was really messed up and was sitting on this girls BMW.she got mad of course and told him to get off. he did it again. a scene kinda happened and my boy walked down the street. one of the bouncers at the club gotall up in his face and knocked hid cap off, and my boy got pissed but knew he was out with some of my boys who are pansies so he walked away. the bouncer siad"you dont even know whats coming to you" all of a sudden like 30 asian dudes come running down the street and stomp the crap outa my boy and the fat300 pound bouncer tries to stomp his dome but another bouncer fro the club broke it all up. so my boy ran away and caught a cab home
tired.gif

Lots of money for one

And a business degree if you wanna be sucessful. Or at least some serious home schooling

at least half a mill plus liq board connects

starting a club in a big city in a hot location can cost mills

also landlords want to see a track record for such a high risk biz, so if its your first spot consider experienced partners who've opened spots before

or you can just pay a redic amount of key money (No not drugs, and yes it still exists for commercial leases)

if you want a nice club that its...............you def need $$$$$$$$$..............openin up a lil local club aint really that hard. but OP said he wants toopen one in another country though.

Do you plan on taking over promotions and operations for an established venue?

start one up from the ground up and cover the promotions as well?

or make your own venue as the owner and provide it for other promoters?

You dont have to have a business degree....it helps but you dont need one....it all depends on where you are.....around where i am a liquor license can cost upto 1 million dollars...but it might be different where you are, depending on population/city ordinances/number of licenses available.....other than that yourcosts break down is simple staff/building/design/decoration......

but most clubs fail!!!! most bars make money!!!! think about that.....clubs only stay hot for so long, but if you keep everything (overhead) low you can make adecent chunk of change....my advice to you is find an up and coming area and buy a license, open a bar and see what happens (leave the cool club guy thingalone its to fickle) then if the area gets blasted with people and new construction your license (considered an asset on the books) can gain value and oncethey run out of licenses you can start inflating your asking price...

in short owning a bar does not mean you will make money, treat it as an investment for future wealth....

liquor license and insurance seem like the hardest part.
way too much responsibility/liability? for me to want to be a part of.

Back
Top Bottom