2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

E49DABE5-A225-4162-8959-4E3016846BB8.jpeg
A little pro b love

Not a regular in here, but I’ll chime in...

I don’t rock/buy my kicks to impress anyone but myself... I actually kinda dislike wearing “heat”, and getting attention from some hypebeast that only knows about my shoes because of the level of hype...

What does feel dope, is when I’m wearing something more under the radar, and some older dude that’s obviously not into kicks at all, approaches me and says something about how they had those in high school, or wanted em back in the day, or something to that effect.
qft

A rare but real reason im into some sneakers is I love the design, silhouette, colorway and comfort of some of them. I also love sneaker photography. Limited, gr as long as I like them, whatever. I dont have to impress anyone with material things. Like it, rock it. Flexing not required.

These are nope for me. Not awful in any stretch of the imagination, but super boring and plain looking IMO. The white on white midsole and outsole combo is the main culprit IMO. Never been a fan of that combination. Love the mini Swoosh, but the stacked/multi-colored Swoosh thing is just meh for me personally.
35F4C6DA-F56D-47A8-8A33-E35F0F2FB11F.jpeg

These are nope for me. Not awful in any stretch of the imagination, but super boring and plain looking IMO. The white on white midsole and outsole combo is the main culprit IMO. Never been a fan of that combination. Love the mini Swoosh, but the stacked/multi-colored Swoosh thing is just meh for me personally.

That side view turns me off a little

was already a no with it being another white show
I knoooowwww. Even with a colored outsole (red, blue, or pink would all work for me), I don’t think they’d become world-beaters, but they’d definitely be better IMO.

Yup. The White Mid/Outsole under all the white leather and the colorful swoosh to me gives these a kids hospital nursing shoe vibe.

ooooooooo I all of a sudden do NOT like these. That looks ridiculous.

welp, now i wont have to be dissapointed in the L.

belong in the trash

i want to like these because of the color combo, swooshes, etc. but all the parts just don’t add up to a great shoe to me.

dLebowski dLebowski Parra is a Dutch-based artist and designer who's done a lot of work with Nike in the past, most recently Air Max 1s and spiridons which released last year. https://www.byparra.us/ this is his website and there's a short bio on the FAQ page. I know he's also done merch for the band Future Islands. His portfolio's pretty diverse.

Materials look nice, but I have no idea WTF Parra is, and the Orange Label's look better...

I agree. I too prefer my OLs. The multi color laces that appear to come with the Parras do look sorta dope though, and will help. But if I have to rely on a unique set of laces to save a shoe, still a no go IMO.

Yeah those Parras are a no for me too. Too plain, especially considering their other releases in the AM1 line.

Y'all think Parras would sell out during the early days of the Teal Box lull?
I think the lull indicates joking, but yes. Parra Nikes are almost always dope and coveted, the only weak one IMO was the air max 1 maxim. Old tooling and less-stiff materials are a big plus.

edit: I like em a lot. Same reason I like mulders a lot.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom