Air Jordan 5 OG “Black Metallic” Reimagined 2025 !

Which is more disappointing yall think? These being reimagined or black/red 12’s getting canceled? I think these getting reimagined takes the cake for me. I really needed a Metallic 5 og proper in my life. I still have my 2016 flu games.
Flu games. What’s been described seems less meaningful than the changes on the WC3’s. Nothing to look at either way

If there is a bright side to this news though, knowing JB history now that we know they are going to be reimagined, we can pretty much guarantee the shape and tongue will be revamped. Jordan Brand has this weird trend where they know they piss off the OG sneakerheads with material changes so they make up for it by making the shape perfect. I.E. The reimagined 4's

Which is more disappointing yall think? These being reimagined or black/red 12’s getting canceled? I think these getting reimagined takes the cake for me. I really needed a Metallic 5 og proper in my life. I still have my 2016 flu games.

Sold my XII's and this STILL takes the cake. In HS (2000s), my top 3 were Infrared VIs, Playoff XI's, and BM V's. The last decent BM V was the 07 pair even though they had a JM. I need a proper pair.. they fumble this with piping and I'm basically never seeing them like the 2000/OGs ever again. :smh:

Kinda disappointing but at the same time I was annoyed when these got announced instead of fire red with black tongue or grapes… I still got my 2016 pair so this new pair will just pass on…
Maybe this means we will get one of those as a straightforward og release next year. Kinda like how we got BC4/militaries this year.

This is still a missed opportunity so far, in my opinion at least. Unless they knock it out of the park like the reimagined 3s, I'm going to be upset. We typically don't get two OG colorways for the same model in the same year I think, so any chance of us also getting a proper Black Tongue or Grape release next year is nil to slim. All they had to do for these was:

● Slim down the ankle bumps
● Fix the toebox shape (needs to be more slanted)
● Make the contrast on the ankle collar more noticeable using either smooth leather (hot take) or the same type of process they did for the heel of the '23 Playoff 8s
(Reference photo below)
20231112_205348.jpg

● OG 23 on the side
● Clear outsole and extra white laces with a reprint of Nike's Fall 1990 Flight Collection brochure/pamphlet

Maybe this means we will get one of those as a straightforward og release next year. Kinda like how we got BC4/militaries this year.
I feel like this is a legit possibility. I’m still in the dwindling camp that these reimagined 5s still could be good. ****ill cop em regardless. Still got a 16 pair ds

We typically don't get two OG colorways for the same model in the same year I think, so any chance of us also getting a proper Black Tongue or Grape release next year is nil to slim. All they had to do for these was:
We just got 2 og 4 cws less than 3 months apart. Before that we got fire red and white cement 3s 6 months apart. I’d lean more toward that being the new normal. Nike has shown that they’re not going to leave any money on the table anymore.

I’d be shocked if we don’t get one of those 2 in the summer/fall next year.

We just got 2 og 4 cws less than 3 months apart. Before that we got fire red and white cement 3s 6 months apart. I’d lean more toward that being the new normal. Nike has shown that they’re not going to leave any money on the table anymore.

I’d be shocked if we don’t get one of those 2 in the summer/fall next year.
To be fair, I said 2 OG colorways for the same model in the same year. Not trying to be an *** but if you can point me to a recent year where we got something like Metallic 5s and Fire Red 5s in the same year, or Black Cement 4s and White Cement 4s, then I'll stand corrected. My point is, we are not getting 2 OG Jordan 5 releases in the same year. Even if the Fire Red 3s and White Cement 3s released within 6 months of each other, they still didn't release in the same year.

To be fair, I said 2 OG colorways for the same model in the same year. Not trying to be an *** but if you can point me to a recent year where we got something like Metallic 5s and Fire Red 5s in the same year, or Black Cement 4s and White Cement 4s, then I'll stand corrected. My point is, we are not getting 2 OG Jordan 5 releases in the same year. Even if the Fire Red 3s and White Cement 3s released within 6 months of each other, they still didn't release in the same year.
lol literally this year. 2 weeks ago.

lol literally this year. 2 weeks ago.
Not gonna lie, I genuinely forgot about the Reimagined Black Cement 4s. Lost interest in the release by the time they came out. But, they did indeed release this year alongside the Military Blues. Personally, I don't consider Reimagined releases to be proper OG retros but the evidence is there. I guess there is a chance we'll get lucky and get Reimagined Black Metallics and regular OG Grapes or something.

Back
Top Bottom