Black Culture Discussion Thread

Eh it's May.

Most schools are either about to test, testing, or done with testing. All actual content and teaching is basically done at this point unless you're in year round school. It's just glorified babysitting at this point.

I was cooking cinnamon bun waffles with my 1st block this morning :rofl:

While true, this just further promotes the stigma of public schools being nothing more than an 8 hour holding cell for parents.

Just giving folks ammo. Dude needs to be pulled into the principal's office.

While true, this just further promotes the stigma of public schools being nothing more than an 8 hour holding cell for parents.

Just giving folks ammo. Dude needs to be pulled into the principal's office.

I have a special place of hate in my heart for standardized testing. Especially testing that occurs 3-4 weeks before the last day of school.

One might even consider it, grooming. :nerd:
I imagine Drake just minding his business in his house and then..

Cramp GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY

BOOM....caught a stray. :lol:

Exactly…….no self accountability whatsoever, black folks are falling for her propaganda stunt left and right. She did the crime……so she had to do the time. Griner VOLUNTARILY signed up for jail, no sympathy from me. She asked for it……and Putin gave it to her.

There are places where you're not allowed to wear camo print, but you'll never know that until you step off the plane and get hit with fines/bribe requests.

Are you implying Putin framed Griner?
I said I wouldn't be surprised if that were the case. It could also have been a random check-turned-arrest that fell on Putin's lap.

There are places where you're not allowed to wear camo print, but you'll never know that until you step off the plane and get hit with fines/bribe requests.

I said I wouldn't be surprised if that were the case. It could also have been a random check-turned-arrest that fell on Putin's lap.

It was drug related charges - I’m not seeing the correlation between this and camouflage's clothing.

If you’re implying, that some things are socially accepted in the US, aren’t legal in other countries - that’s still on the individual. You should do your due diligence before traveling internationally- especially in a dictator-driven country.

Brittany's situation also bad timing with the Russia-Ukraine war picking up and the US involvement. She'd still have to sit in jail for months waiting on trial, but she probably would have been out a little sooner. It's a hard lesson learned.

Just funny he didn't take offense to her calling him articulate as well. This is just "funny" all around.

… and just a few days ago you said we need to be kind and cognizant of not hurting their egos, in terms of slavery and whatnot.

They constantly show their hands (majority of them) and you guys always fall for it. If this is how she feels at 62, imagine her family, Neices, nephews, cousins, extended family, etc.

It was drug related charges - I’m not seeing the correlation between this and camouflage's clothing
I wasn't making an apples-to-apples comparison. My point was that there's only so much due diligence you can do about what's acceptable or not when traveling, and if the will is there to get you in trouble, something as innocuous as camo clothing can be considered an offense.

Now, weed is not cocaine; it's not only acceptable in the US, it's legal in many states and in many European countries. So even if it truly was a random check, who she was played perfectly into Putin's culture war against the West.

To me, there was a lot more to her arrest than "she did the crime."

… and just a few days ago you said we need to be kind and cognizant of not hurting their egos, in terms of slavery and whatnot.

They constantly show their hands (majority of them) and you guys always fall for it. If this is how she feels at 62, imagine her family, Neices, nephews, cousins, extended family, etc.

Not falling for the bait.

Like I said, just quote me where I said be nice, docile, and to turn the other cheek.

I wasn't making an apples-to-apples comparison. My point was that there's only so much due diligence you can do about what's acceptable or not when traveling, and if the will is there to get you in trouble, something as innocuous as camo clothing can be considered an offense.

Now, weed is not cocaine; it's not only acceptable in the US, it's legal in many states and in many European countries. So even if it truly was a random check, who she was played perfectly into Putin's culture war against the West.

Conspiracy? Even after she said she effed up and forgot. Putin caught her slipping and took full advantage of the situation.

ADVERTISEMENT
weirdalfoil_2322.jpg

Ignorance of the law is no excuse champ. Weed is ILLEGAL in certain American states. To think or have no clue of the ramifications and or consequences of voluntary bringing marijuana to a DICTATOR ran country like Russia of all places shows an inexcusable lack of regard and mindset.

So with that being said YES Griner most certainly did the crime……which is why she did the time. Now she’s gets to celebrate by writing a book and going to pride parade after pride parade to capitalize off her experience and tell her story.

Again, flat out stupid. If he loses his job that was self inflicted for sure. Not sure what point he was trying to prove but hope it was worth it.

Conspiracy? Even after she said she effed up and forgot. Putin caught her slipping and took full advantage of the situation.
See below:
So even if it truly was a random check, who she was played perfectly into Putin's culture war against the West.
Again, I said: I wouldn't be surprised if she was targeted.

I didn't say that FSB agents put weed in her bag; I meant targeted as in "when she comes through, pay extra attention to her and her belongings."

And, you know, everybody that was getting pulled to the side looked either American or, you know, non-Russian. And, you know, all the Russians were basically just walking through the middle, not getting checked.

You'd be surprised at the kind the stuff that can get you in trouble when travelling:

India prohibits "maps and literature where India's external boundaries are shown incorrectly". Japan prohibits "books, drawings, carvings and any other article which may harm public safety or morals"
A Pakistani geography book could get you in trouble when going to New Delhi.

In 2022, the International Narcotics Control Board published a list of travel regulations around medicines that contain controlled substances, but it is by no means complete. If you're planning to travel with any medications, you'll need to confirm that the ingredients are permitted in the country you're travelling to. Some are allowed with a doctor's note, but others are completely banned. For example, pseudoephedrine, the active ingredient in over-the-counter Sudafed, is considered a controlled substance in Mexico.

Seeing who's on it, I imagine this show being corny as hell.

Everything doesn't need a breakdown.

This happens in the NBA thread literally once every 3 days.

I do remember it on Twitter though. I'm ready for the N***** Navy episode though. That day on Twitter was legendary.

Some of us REALLY have a problem with simply saying someone shouldn't have committed the act and maybe THAT'S the reason they got caught up.

This dude.
Griner

Saying someone black did something wrong and got in trouble because of that isn't Anti-Black.

Back
Top Bottom