Nike Air 180 OG

Ok yes that makes sense. I was thinking the 2018 air bag wasn’t covered on the sides. More so on the bottom and came up to the side and stop. So the 24 comes all the way up and it feels rigid on bottom and sides?

When you Wear it there's a sound , so another problem like the Air Max 2 CB clicking noise of the TPU under the low pressure heel air unit . Will see if it will disappear over Time but the OG's never make that noise . And i rocked a few ones in early 2000 as well .

Ok yes that makes sense. I was thinking the 2018 air bag wasn’t covered on the sides. More so on the bottom and came up to the side and stop. So the 24 comes all the way up and it feels rigid on bottom and sides?
Yup the entire air unit feels hard and it clicks when you press it. The PU is more flexible .... Not like a Phylon Huarache runner in the other hand

Thats really interesting. The og sole had transparent plastic barrier attached on the sides…So the airbag used to be covered on both sides of the left and right side of airbag and also underneath… On this new retro it’s only covered underneath with regular, typical exposed airbags on the sides. but they added some hard plastic to make up for the new sole and it’s lack of that initial plastic barrier on both sides

Thats really interesting. The og sole had transparent plastic barrier attached on the sides…So the airbag used to be covered on both sides of the left and right side of airbag and also underneath… On this new retro it’s only covered underneath with regular, typical exposed airbags on the sides. but they added some hard plastic to make up for the new sole and it’s lack of that initial plastic barrier on both sides
So as I stated earlier, let's rip it off! Let that Air bubble roam free! Not like it's going anywhere, right?? 😆

The shoe looks amazing but this is a really weird situation… Nike kept it “one to one OG “ yet totally redesigned the most important part of the shoe.
Guess they screwed up once again. This is gonna be a problem, as much as the squeaking, mark my words. We'll figure it out and fix it, we'll be okay 😊👍

Guess they screwed up once again. This is gonna be a problem, as much as the squeaking, mark my words. We'll figure it out and fix it, we'll be okay 😊👍
Yeah, it’s time for these guys to start dishing out their the early links since they got their pairs :lol:

Just grabbed some 2018s from my boxes. The airbags at the side are squishy. Not sure what this adds to the convo lol

Remind me how they can say this is a 1:1 when the overlays aren't even the right color (white). Forget about air bag engineering, swoosh shape, etc., how can they not even match the overlay color.....So pathetic.

this thread

1715730971595.png

Listen to everything Leon Witherow says during the snkrs live when he introduced the 2024 version months back.

“This is the first time we brough the shoe back in its true og form, THE OG AIR BUBBLE, og proportions and shape and OG CONSTRUCTION, its why is called the air 180 and not the air max 180. We are keeping as true to og as possible…we brought it back stitch for stitch. “

This isn’t like last year’s red big bubble where it was “rumored” as a one-to-one retro. This wasn’t some rumor or some assumption that was on the blogs… This was a sneakers live coming from the horses mouth, a senior footwear director at nike.

The shoe is nice, but you can’t just lie and get away with it. There’s a lot of people in here doing good work to show the differences as well.

^ they lied, they’re gonna get away with it and there’s nothing you can do about it. :lol: :lol:

Most in here will buy, and with good reason. If not, that’s cool too and I understand. And folks pointing out the differences is always appreciated—but there’s a difference between doing that and still being up in arms that Nike claimed these were 1:1 and they’re not. It is what it is.

^ they lied, they’re gonna get away with it and there’s nothing you can do about it. :lol: :lol:

Most in here will buy, and with good reason. If not, that’s cool too and I understand. And folks pointing out the differences is always appreciated—but there’s a difference between doing that and still being up in arms that Nike claimed these were 1:1 and they’re not. It is what it is.
We are doing something about it… We’re showing the differences and documenting it… It’s literally the least we can do. I never seen someone from Nike on camera claim with their own voice that something is going to be a straight up original and then lie.

I’ve learned over the years no matter what Nike say the will never be able to produce a 1:1 retro of anything 30+ years ago.
They might get close if they can be bothered too like the Air Max III but never 1:1.

All that jargon is just marketing hype.

I’ve learned over the years no matter what Nike say the will never be able to produce a 1:1 retro of anything 30+ years ago.
They might get close if they can be bothered too like the Air Max III but never 1:1.

All that jargon is just marketing hype.
Like I said… It’s one thing for some third-party blog to post something like this… But for someone at Nike to save these things on a sneakers Live event is different

Back
Top Bottom