NT, What Beer Do You Drink?

First trys

Best way to describe ten fidy is a no frills stout. A bit similar to narwhal.

Masterplanman, I raise you four more

I had one the other night which got me fiending for more. Distro reps were trying to tell me it wasn't in the system as it sat a bit hidden away. I said hell no to that. I believe the store got 3 cases. With no limits, tis the season

I can't find westified around my local spots. I don't go to but one or two anymore. I bet if I travel to a Binnys I could but that's sort of a hike for me. Gotta make it worth my drive and there is tons of other stuff local for me.

Prairie got the juice right now. Here was tonight's haul

I miss out on the damn barrel aged one again. Have yet to get lucky and snag one but I got the other 4 they had. Pirate, vanilla, aged in oak Wiskey barrels, and coffee. Couple Big Hugs from half acre, Lost Abby Angels share, and a couple from a local brewery called Crystal Lake Brewing. Another expensive *** haul....not sure how I feel about it after my last one :lol:

Last edited:
I know I said I'd cut back on the beer purchases after I bought my new car, but I have to make an exception for this next week.  Other Half, Sand City, and LIC Beer Project are all having some heavy releases over the next 5-6 days.  Luckily I'm getting a quick breather from school, because I'm loading up.  Gonna have some great beers to share with family and friends over the holidays.  

Will post pics of my hauls come tomorrow, Sunday, and Thursday. 

Best way to describe ten fidy is a no frills stout. A bit similar to narwhal.

Masterplanman, I raise you four more

I think I'm up to about 11 Sixpacks total but already drank about 2 and a half

I just handed in my last paper for the semester and had this ready to crack in celebration

Taking my time savoring it

this is tasting a lot better than two weeks ago, i can actually pick up on the coconut oil and hibiscus now and the fruits have mellowed out

The Primator Double Bock was a drain pour. Cloyingly sweet and a chocolate milk/syrup consistency. Last time I trust those outdated rating tags in TW lol.

Enjoying the Christmas Ale atm. I quite enjoy it, which wasn't the case with La Fin Du Monde. But im a malt guy.

weyerbacher always been one of my favorite widely distributee breweries, this is tasting great after a year in my closet, not much coffee flavor but the bourbon has not faded

what are your guys experiences with brewery tours? weyerbacher is about an hour and half from nyc and I hear they have a nice brewery tour but not sure if its worth going out there when I can find most their stuff around me

Last edited:
^ive done a few and they're ok...main draw of a brewery is knocking back a few

I like the Tröegs tour...$5 gets you a glass and a few samples or so

I did Brooklyn Brewery and kinda played the background cause my kid started losing her **** but then she fell asleep...wasn't an interesting tour from what I recall

I was doing the Dogfish Head tour over the summer and bailed shortly into it because my kid lost her patience...telling her it was the Willy Wonka chocolate factory tour didn't last too long

I was in Easton Friday and passed on Weyerbacher because I was with my wife and kids (went to Crayola Experience) and I don't believe they have a food menu...went to Two Rivers Brewing (I believe they occupy the building Weyerbacher used to be in)

Beers were decent...food was good

There's a decent bar/bottle shop across the bridge in Phillipsburg called Free Bridge Wine & Spirits/Wardell's Pub

I went there some time ago and they had maybe three Carton beers on tap and I think two Kane beers...everything was $3 a pour...larger ABV beers were smaller pours

what are your guys experiences with brewery tours? weyerbacher is about an hour and half from nyc and I hear they have a nice brewery tour but not sure if its worth going out there when I can find most their stuff around me

I've been to a couple. One in St. Louis, Budweiser, and one in Minnesota, Surley Brewing. I feel like there is another ine I am forgetting about. They are interesting. Its nice to take a little tour and enjoy a few after the tour. I kinda feel bad for the guy above.

Last edited:
^ I had the Opaque Minds not too long ago. Very solid brew! Heard Imperial Coffee & Cigarettes is nice as well.

Been meaning to check out Cellar 3. They have shuttles from the main Mira Mesa brewery but just haven't ever coordinated with it.

Some new singles(besides the cider)

Went to the bottle shop to see if they had lagunitas imperial. No dice.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom