OFFICIAL 2023-24 FOOTY THREAD ⚽️: Champions League Final between Borussia Dortmund and Real Madrid on 6/1 at 3 PM EST

Who will win the 2023/24 Champions League?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
What did I say about Laporta being Trump?

As much as I dislike Xavi, all he did yesterday was make honest comments about Barça‘s financial situation. Of course that goes against scammer Laporta’s ego, lies to the socios, and the club’s plans to sell more studios to themselves :smh:

Is that what happened? What did he say?

Interview?

Is that what happened? What did he say?

Interview?

Press conference around the Almeria match:

"We are going to try to compete," Xavi said this week. "The situation is difficult financially. It has nothing to do with what used to happen 25 years ago, when the coach came and said 'I like this player, this one and this one.'

"It doesn't work like that anymore. The supporters need to understand the situation. As the coach, I understand what's happening and that's how we're going to manage things.

"Right now, we are not in the same conditions as other clubs with better [financial] fair play, that's the reality. The fans should know. But this doesn't mean that we won't try to achieve our goals."

Those comments upset Laporta, who then did not to travel to Almería, where Barça won 2-0 to move four points clear of third place Girona -- who beat them 4-2 last week -- and take a huge step toward finishing second in LaLiga and securing their place in next season's Spanish Supercopa.

"Nothing has been said to me personally [by the club]," Xavi told reporters after the Almería win. "The relationship has not changed. The vice president [Rafa Yuste] travelled, as did other directors.

"I just said what I think, what's real, that we are going to fight for everything but the situation is not easy and we are all working together to turn the situation around. Our reality does not change.

"I am looking forward to preseason, planning it with [sporting director] Deco. There is excitement and it's an honour to be at best club in world, with the ambition to win trophies.

"I just said [Wednesday] that the financial situation is not best, but we are all working hard to turn it around and strengthen for next season. Nothing has changed, although I understand there is always a stir here."

Press conference around the Almeria match:

"We are going to try to compete," Xavi said this week. "The situation is difficult financially. It has nothing to do with what used to happen 25 years ago, when the coach came and said 'I like this player, this one and this one.'

"It doesn't work like that anymore. The supporters need to understand the situation. As the coach, I understand what's happening and that's how we're going to manage things.

"Right now, we are not in the same conditions as other clubs with better [financial] fair play, that's the reality. The fans should know. But this doesn't mean that we won't try to achieve our goals."

Those comments upset Laporta, who then did not to travel to Almería, where Barça won 2-0 to move four points clear of third place Girona -- who beat them 4-2 last week -- and take a huge step toward finishing second in LaLiga and securing their place in next season's Spanish Supercopa.

"Nothing has been said to me personally [by the club]," Xavi told reporters after the Almería win. "The relationship has not changed. The vice president [Rafa Yuste] travelled, as did other directors.

"I just said what I think, what's real, that we are going to fight for everything but the situation is not easy and we are all working together to turn the situation around. Our reality does not change.

"I am looking forward to preseason, planning it with [sporting director] Deco. There is excitement and it's an honour to be at best club in world, with the ambition to win trophies.

"I just said [Wednesday] that the financial situation is not best, but we are all working hard to turn it around and strengthen for next season. Nothing has changed, although I understand there is always a stir here."

Man you really still love this club SFC.

Even tho you hate what they’ve turned into you can tell you really still care.

One of the realest Barça fans in here left.

Man you really still love this club SFC.

Even tho you hate what they’ve turned into you can tell you really still care.

One of the realest Barça fans in here left.

Love is putting it strongly :lol:

It’s hard to not want them to do well when you grew up watching them, and seeing all this nonsense makes all those years of going to matches, ditching school/work to watch them, buying merch, etc. feel like a huge waste of time.

I don’t mind if they lose matches that much, honestly. Every club goes through bad spells. But the $&@$ they say to excuse those losses is what’s embarrassing and unacceptable to me. Zero accountability-it’s all the fault of the refs, Franco, and Florentino-bought media. They’ve installed a loser and victim mentality that I HATE in sports.

Every once in a while I think “OK enough is enough-maybe today is the day things start turning around.” Then I open the news and get hit with more gems from Xavi and Laporta…

Last edited:
GNsnL61WcAAGPzL

Ederson with a broken eye socket sounds really nasty.

Hilarious that Recce James is suspended for the last game of the season and first three games of next season.

Truly a wfh captain.

About time :lol:, he lasted much longer than I expected after he was on the ropes over a year ago.

Now woth Tuchel back on the market, wonder if United act seriously next...

Probably won't hear anything until after the FA Cup final though

About time :lol:, he lasted much longer than I expected after he was on the ropes over a year ago.

Nah this is kinda crazy to hear integrity of the game wise :lol: >D

Man really just told everyone that he can't wait to do this

20240517_121715.jpg

I just know that Baldy will be on the touchline 2024-25. SMH

Back
Top Bottom