Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

and this is a high profile way to get that message out and make it clear 🤔
I don’t think that a Drake diss that wasn’t even released on DSPs is that. This is the equivalent to not clearing a sample. Drake knew what he was doing and how far he could push this one. Just my opinion.

I don’t think that a Drake diss that wasn’t even released on DSPs is that. This is the equivalent to not clearing a sample. Drake knew what he was doing and how far he could push this one. Just my opinion.

thinking more about creating a precedent that may affect things down the line, less about this specific instance itself.

wholetime is this fair use or an intellectual property issue? AI **** is so murky.

1713993878037.png

Y’all don’t have to teeter in AS there’s plenty of critiques without actually being AS.

But we’re going to see so many things like this in the future. Voice is intellectually property so you’ll absolutely need permission to recreate someone’s voice in music.

Unless hes putting ads on it its not generating any money

He could say its parody

People around them probably kept making comments about how could they let drake do this lol

You cant sue AI because its not actually their voice, its the computer mimicing a voice.

It would be like suing Jay Pharoah for doing a Jay Z impression.

Tupac estate just making empty threats and if they do a lawsuit it will be a waste of their money.

If they lose, that is a dangerous precedent, and we are going to be flooded with bull**** AI garbage verses on all kinds of stuff. Not getting the permission of Pac's estate and Snoop before doing this is wild. Also, if he's making money off the streaming, there is definitely grounds for a lawsuit, or if they can convince a jury that the estate is being defamed by such unauthorized use of their IP.

Of all the conspiracy bull**** surrounding Drake in this situation, I'm surprised I haven't seen anything about this part of the dispute being orchestrated or at least used by record companies to just do away with artists and put out a bunch of AI content and not have to pay anybody.

If they lose, that is a dangerous precedent, and we are going to be flooded with bull**** AI garbage verses on all kinds of stuff. Not getting the permission of Pac's estate and Snoop before doing this is wild. Also, if he's making money off the streaming, there is definitely grounds for a lawsuit, or if they can convince a jury that the estate is being defamed by such unauthorized use of their IP.

Of all the conspiracy bull**** surrounding Drake in this situation, I'm surprised I haven't seen anything about this part of the dispute being orchestrated or at least used by record companies to just do away with artists and put out a bunch of AI content and not have to pay anybody.

I know people will feel a way about it, but it just wont stand in court, no one is copying any ip its not their actual voice and as long as someone says they are using AI in their work its no different than a parody. And parodies are legal.

Can’t even say I’ve heard this AI Pac content but if there’s a rapper clamoring for dead ppl’s co-sign it’s the infiltrator Drake.

The collabs from the other side have been 🗑️ and a stain on the other artist’s catalogue.

Post prison Gucci with another miss :smh:

He shooting like 2 for 15

Idk i feel like in Gucci early 2010’s days this woulda been a cool lil track lol

Only thing that sounds different is that his nose used to be more stopped up lol

Back
Top Bottom