A Ma Maniere Air Ship

Pics via House of Heat
35A30CE9-E3BE-4410-B588-07E3A516B3D2.jpeg
A724EA90-C0C9-4418-808A-895D8D584811.jpeg
78E05332-E862-4217-8BE0-5675B8E45763.jpeg
3D4B4587-4CCD-4D26-8E52-B58AEDDE54D8.jpeg
9429E9A0-8C7D-4720-B247-248A07EC8E87.jpeg

Last edited:
My man brings back obscure 80s hoops model in GR looking colorways and takes over the world. This is just Nike chasing the hype.

Gotcha. Didn't think of Teddy with this one & moreso simply connected it as a continuation to the recent Air Ships Nike released.

How is releasing only 2500 pairs of what should be a GR cw “giving back to the culture” like James Whitner always likes to say. This is giving back to the vultures. The resellers and unnecessary hype machine.

How is releasing only 2500 pairs of what should be a GR cw “giving back to the culture” like James Whitner always likes to say. This is giving back to the vultures. The resellers and unnecessary hype machine.
I would assume this whole idea was cooked up by Nike to hype the model like they did with Fragment and the 1. Just flip an OG from red to blue and call it a collab. Probably part of the game James has to play to be allowed to put maroon on every Jordan retro model. AMM does run their releases as well as anyone. Better to have 2500 pairs in their hands than in Nike DTC’s.

My man brings back obscure 80s hoops model in GR looking colorways and takes over the world. This is just Nike chasing the hype.
So because Nike re-releases a shoe from the 80’s in a basic colorway -something they’ve been CONSISTENTLY doing for decades- they are chasing hype? 🤦🏻‍♂️

If we’re all being honest here. Like “fear of perjury in front of a grand jury” honest: The Air Ships are basic shoe that no one would care about if Mike hadn’t worn them. Yes I get it, the history is what we’re attached to. Specifically the Banned Colorway with the “Air Jordan” printed on the collar.

Nike using hype to fuel interest in a shoe that would have ended up in Modell’s if otherwise. If I’m not mistaken, wasn’t the Banned color way only released in Italy? Correct me if I’m wrong. If I’m not, why hasn’t this color way seen a states side release? But we have boutique that’s done a few cool collabs with Jordan (3s we’re the best), pushing out a basic color way, that is supposedly limited? Come on.

If we’re all being honest here. Like “fear of perjury in front of a grand jury” honest: The Air Ships are basic shoe that no one would care about if Mike hadn’t worn them. Yes I get it, the history is what we’re attached to. Specifically the Banned Colorway with the “Air Jordan” printed on the collar.

Nike using hype to fuel interest in a shoe that would have ended up in Modell’s if otherwise. If I’m not mistaken, wasn’t the Banned color way only released in Italy? Correct me if I’m wrong. If I’m not, why hasn’t this color way seen a states side release? But we have boutique that’s done a few cool collabs with Jordan (3s we’re the best), pushing out a basic color way, that is supposedly limited? Come on.
Nike/JB releasing the black/red Airship PE only in Italy was one of the most insulting stupid *** things they’ve ever done.

Yes. By making a would be/should be GR a “collab”, yes. They are chasing hype.

If you believe this you are either 15 years old or have been living under a rock for the past 2 decades. There have been tons of basic colorways that have seen collaborations and limited availability over the years and not just from Nike. Ronnie Fieg has been doing it for damn near 15 years 😆 and even he didn’t start that -not to mention that the air ship in general has only seen limited retro releases thus far- a year and some change before Santis even begun with new balance. Btw I’m interested to know where all the hype chasers on this shoe have been over the years? The OG’s were literally littered on eBay for years and in the 50-200 range.

If you believe this you are either 15 years old or have been living under a rock for the past 2 decades. There have been tons of basic colorways that have seen collaborations and limited availability over the years and not just from Nike. Ronnie Fieg has been doing it for damn near 15 years 😆 and even he didn’t start that -not to mention that the air ship in general has only seen limited retro releases thus far- a year and some change before Santis even begun with new balance. Btw I’m interested to know where all the hype chasers on this shoe have been over the years? The OG’s were literally littered on eBay for years and in the 50-200 range.
I don’t have the energy to respond to all you said here but I do know Nike is purposely trying to hype this shoe by making them egregiously limited for no good reason.

I don’t have the energy to respond to all you said here but I do know Nike is purposely trying to hype this shoe by making them egregiously limited for no good reason.
Not having a rebuttal is not the same as not having the energy, because everything I said was 100 percent factual.

Yea it sucks they are making them limited so now anyone that wants a pair will most likely have to pay resell, but from a business standpoint -outside of a handful of people that now want the shoe because they JUST discovered the historical significance in relation to MJ- most people wouldn’t buy them as a GR and most stores won’t place big enough orders so they’ll do a small run.

Signed up for these in the DC store... my first in-store raffle.

other than going to the wrong 11th and H at first, easiest thing I did all day.

Back
Top Bottom