New Smoke DZA mixtape - KONY

halfway through and its fire

Was Just about to make a thread about this. I've only listened to a few random songs so far but it sounded great.

The song with Joey Bad***** :pimp:

I'm one listen through, but I'm feeling it so far. I feel like DZA has done a nice job of figuring out what his "sound" is (beats, ad-libs, flows, etc) and going with it. And I like the fact that he seems relatively earnest and authentic about the lyrical content he's putting out. It's a nice alternative to the hyper-exaggerated 2chainz type stuff. Plus, not sure if it's in this tape, but I always appreciate the quality rugby references DZA throws out at times. In short, tape's nice and DZA's one of my favorite rappers out despite my lack of a Polo Rugby collection and my lack of marijuana habits.

I actually enjoyed Rugby Thompson. I thought Harry Fraud did a great job on production :nthat:

I guess to each his own opinion, but I beg to differ. seemed to be throw away joints Harry gave him; production wasnt trash but to say it was great seems like a BIG reach. I mean compare it to the heat he came with less than a month later on the Cigarette Boats mixtape.

Back
Top Bottom