Filipino Culture Thread

I’ve recently grown a Filipino food phase after not eating/craving it for about a decade. Man, this **** will kill you lol :lol:

I’ve also thought how most dishes are just straight hearty and not easy on the eyes, but it’s straight shmacks….. I like to get some sisig every other week or so, and it’s so hard to find the best sisig here. I’ve tried some in the Philippines and man nothing here in the states come close to it. Most sisig here tastes great but lacks textures.
Every other week?! Slow down, man. You'll be getting blessed with da gout in no time lol

My wife's family likes to get together and cook/order the same dishes every party. It gets tiring quick.

And when someone brings a dish that is different, they all criticize and complain.

They over feed you just to call you fat at the parties in front of your cousins and aunties :smh:

Joke lang.

But yeah, I’ve always said Filipino food just isn’t as pretty or presentable as other cultures dishes but the flavor really hits. And I, too, also try to limit the dishes I frequent to once every couple weeks. Sisig, Lechon kawali, inihaw na liempo, crispy pata, even lumpia. This stuff is terrible for the heart:lol:

confused-look-smiles.gif

My wife's family likes to get together and cook/order the same dishes every party. It gets tiring quick.

And when someone brings a dish that is different, they all criticize and complain.
I need to learn how to make some Filipino dishes. Some i'd definitely want to alter the recipes to and I know the old people will get mad. I love bistek but the beef might be better not cooked super well done and add peppers and mushrooms. Raisins in empanadas is gross.

I need to learn how to make some Filipino dishes. Some i'd definitely want to alter the recipes to and I know the old people will get mad. I love bistek but the beef might be better not cooked super well done and add peppers and mushrooms. Raisins in empanadas is gross.
Raisins can kick rocks. I hate embutido too.

I never knew it was called embutido, I just say it's meatloaf. I cover it in ketchup so sometimes I won't notice if it has raisins.

Back
Top Bottom